What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RHINO FUEL TANK SEALER 9700

Got a free pail from someone?

Lost track of the units (quantities) he was expected to need?

I wouldn't worry about how much you have. You've got far more than you need. What you need to check is the use by date and how the material has been stored. I wouldn't panic if it is slightly past the use by date, but after that, you might want to touch base with the manufacturer to see what bad things happen to the material over time.

The Rhino fuel tank sealer also makes a real nice coating for the inside of the cowling. Easy to clean, nice gray color.

I used it on my RV-7 and will do it again on the RV-10.

You do have to put reflective foil/heat shield material near the exhaust.

I purchased an RV-10 kit used. The builder was deceased so I cannot ask him. It includes QB Wings so the fuel tanks should be sealed, minus leak check.

Why would he have 3 gal / and now I have?

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/jeffcotank.php?clickkey=6366687

thanks,
Aaron

I have no idea why you have that stuff but I would not put it in the fuel tanks. QB tanks should be good to go as they were shipped. Adding a slosh sealer is asking for problems which may require disassembly of the tanks at some point....and possibly a flight safety hazard.

Yep...use it on the cowl or shop floor. :)

Last edited:
H

How would the rhino be applied to the cowling. Is it a spray on or brush on. Haven?t used this product before but my 7 cowling could use a coating.

Back