What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New registrations

kkmarshall

Well Known Member
How long on average has it been taking most people to receive the registration after submitting it to the FAA. I sent mine mid October for my brand R S-21. Just curious what the average is. Thanks

Wow things have slowed down quickly. I got mine in less than a week after sending it in. They had it processed in 2 days. This was back in September. The "currently processing" date they had on their website was no where close to accurate when I sent mine in.

I don't think they slowed down, MacCool was talking about the registration from a previous owner to him. I read on another thread that priority goes to new builds, which I assume yours was.

I don't think they slowed down, MacCool was talking about the registration from a previous owner to him. I read on another thread that priority goes to new builds, which I assume yours was.

Oh true true. Good catch.

Assigned

FAA received my application for reservation of a new number on 10 Sep, just assigned it on Nov 3

Yeh, I was thinking of re-registrations, not new ones. I have no idea if those are handled differently. I do know that a 6-8 week delay in paperwork processing requests from the Federal agencies is blazingly fast turnaround, in the scheme of things. If they don't care how long it takes to register my airplane's ownership change, I certainly don't either as long as I can fly it in the meantime.

As stated in another thread, the FAA DOES give priority to new Experimental registrations. Latest things I've heard is 2-3 weeks turn around.

Back