What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Boston Marathon Trip

miyu1975

Well Known Member
Hello,

I will be flying into Boston area for the marathon and was looking for ideas on the best place to land and stay for about 4 days. Hotels already booked downtown so just needing nearby airport suggestions.

Thx

If I were coming from away and spending tome in Boston proper, I would land at Beverly, MA (KBVY).

See my write up on airnav.com. Thet are very accomodating there!

Enjoy your stay!

:) CJ

KBVY - Beverly is most convenient

Ryan,

As John mentioned, Beverly, which is just to the north of the city and a 45 minute train ride into the heart of downtown Boston, is a very good option for you. The east side of the airport is minutes from the commuter rail station. The west side, where North Atlantic is located is about twice as far due to the layout of the streets.

I can't comment on North Atlantic Air since I haven't had any contact with the new ownership. There used to be public tie downs on the east side near the control tower, but I am not sure if they are still available for multi-day visitors. That would be my preference if they are still available since the east side is closer to the rail station.

Antony

Yes, Congrats to your wife, for Qualifying. I have run Boston 3 times, My wife Carol, after many tries, tears, and years of hard work finally qualified and we got to run it together last year. (we took Alaska air) As you probably know, It is quite the accomplishment, even Just to get accepted, and the celebration there is way more than just the race event, So be sure to partake in many of the Pre and Post race activities as possible. I found that the T (subway) works really good for getting around, to and from your motel etc. Buy the one week unlimited (think that what it was) option, as someone else, said watch it on race day as some of the stations are closed. Have fun, and if this is her first Boston, I'm sure, it will be the most memorable run of her life.
Steve Mahoney

Back