What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IS fuel flow test after the fuel pressure regulator

AJSWA

Has anyone with a 912IS engine fitted in a RV12 measured the fuel after the fuel pressure regulator? (With the engine not running)
Or is anyone able to provide the expected or required flow after the regulator using either or both fuel pumps together? ( Engine not running)
I’m not sure if we have missed a test procedure so happy if anyone can steer us to the correct section and page please.

Fuel flow...

I messured 78 liter/hour one single pump and 91liter/hour on dual pumps at the return outlet of the regulator. The max fuel flow with fuel hose disconnected from engine fuel rail is about double.

Rv12 912IS fuel flow after the regulator

I messured 78 liter/hour one single pump and 91liter/hour on dual pumps at the return outlet of the regulator. The max fuel flow with fuel hose disconnected from engine fuel rail is about double.

Thank you for the reply.
We’re those measurements taken on a RV12 aircraft with 912IS engine or another aircraft TYPE ( ie Savanna, Sling) with the 912IS installed?

My friends RV12IS has nothing like these flow figures after the regulator.

I don’t expect we will see the Rotax published flow rates due to the bypass system Van’s have added to the fuel system, but we would like to know the expected fuel flow after the regulator for future comparison of fuel pump performance checks.

Back