What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 Transition Training in NC, GA, TN

pilot28906

Well Known Member
Not ready for transition training yet, but soon. I live in far western NC so I am minutes from GA and TN. Any suggestions for a CFI for transition training in an RV-7?

Thanks,
John

John,
I?m out of Calhoun, Ga. and fly a -7 as well. I have a CFI friend that may be open to help you.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

Amir

I would be interested too in transition training in the GA, SC, TN, NC area. Live in northern GA and are merely weeks away from a completed 7A.

Thanks for any help
David

My CFII buddy here at KLOU can provide transition in your airplane.

smokeonaviation @gmail

John,
I?m out of Calhoun, Ga. and fly a -7 as well. I have a CFI friend that may be open to help you.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

Amir

Amir,
I'm up in Chattanooga building a -7 (still..hah). If you ever need someone to buy gas and fly right seat, let me know! I haven't gotten to fly in a -7 yet, and would love to bum a ride in one!

Training in your plane

CFIs mentioned here and myself train people in their newly acquired plane. A LODA is needed along with relatively expensive insurance to train in my experimental RV-7.

There’s a reason Vans recommended trainers cost what they do and why there’s so few of them still doing it.

That being said, if you have questions about RV transition training I’d be happy to discuss options with you. I have done and helped help coordinate RV ferries, training and owner maintenance on all RVs from the -4 to -10. All syllabus based and safety focused.

Be careful out there, not all “training” is equal.

Back