What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-1070 / F-1069 / F-1013 skipped rivets

rdamazio

Well Known Member
Hi all.

In section 29, when riveting the side skins (29-17), it tells me to skip a few rivets, notably some specific rivets that attach to the longeron underneath:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/buG5Ks15yQXi7WiXA

I assume these are riveted later, but I can't find where - what am I missing? When are those rivets set?

(I'm mostly wondering if it's worth/possible to skip ahead, do whatever is needed before setting those, then setting them before the mid-cabin deck is riveted, since that'll be much easier)

Thanks
Rodrigo

Those rivet holes will be used when you start fitting your doors. Not much you can do until the cabin top is installed and the doors are at least loosely fitted.

Aha, thanks! I wasn't finding it because I didn't look in the finish kit instructions - it's right there in 45-3 :)

Rivets

Keep them in mind though because I haven't found where they tell you to install those rivets.
My cabin top is on and doors are set...holes are still open. They are going to get filled this weekend though before wiring fills in the area and makes bucking difficult.

I don?t recall the plans explicitly stating when to fill those holes. As soon as the suffering known as doors are done you can fill them then.

Lol.....I?m glad I?m not the only one not to find where they revisit these rivets in the plan. Intuitively, once the doors are bonded they serve no purpose and can then be riveted at that time. They also will need to be countersunk since dimpling will be impossible.

Hello Rodrigo. I flew with you years ago. I was the Diamond Aircraft salesman. You were considering the purchase of a new DA-40. Do you recall? It was at either SQL or PAO.

I cannot help much with your effort to build the RV-10. I have an RV-8 that I built. I just wanted to say hello and very glad to learn that you are in the RV community.

Back