Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-8/8A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2014, 11:24 AM

Default another milestone

Got the 8 to airport, and began assembly, wings on fairings done but not installed yet, gotta paint em. FWF next, hopefully before too long.
http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/Bi...tml?sort=3&o=1

bird
http://www.mykitlog.com/tcb328/

Last edited by bird : 09-22-2014 at 02:16 PM. Reason: cant spell
Old 09-22-2014, 12:09 PM

Hey Bird,

Your plane looks great!

To post the photo here, go back to Photobucket, and click on the IMG box to the right of the image. It'll flash "copied" in the box for a second.

The go back to this post and when you type your message, go to "edit" in your browser and click "Paste." The image should appear, like magic!
Donation made for 2021
You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky -- Amelia Earhart
Old 09-22-2014, 12:35 PM

Default Yay!!

Thanks RightRudder, it worked.

bird
http://www.mykitlog.com/tcb328/
Old 01-29-2015, 11:31 PM

Wings came off the stands and into the cart tonight. Next stop, aileron city. Fuse kit should be here in about three weeks!

Old 03-18-2015, 08:09 PM

Rotational Greatness... Easy on the Back
Old 03-19-2015, 01:03 AM

I remember when I cracked open the wing kit and thought to myself "Man, that's a lot of parts." That seems pretty funny in retrospect.

But hey, I got all my fuselage parts organized and put away tonight!

Old 04-24-2015, 07:59 PM

Default Nothing too exciting....

Just a little box that arrived today.

It's a Superior TNIO-360! Precision airmotive silver hawk fuel injection, B&C alternator, slick mags, and so on.

It came off of a Lancair Legacy where the owner was not happy with the performance and decided to put an IO-540 on the front of the legacy instead of the TNIO-360. Everything firewall forward is in the box.

I will probably not use the turbo normalizer and end up selling it along with the exhaust and pick up an Vetterman's exhaust for the superior cold air sump. I don't need the extra boost and won't be flying above 12,000 where it's most happy. If anyone is interested in it, please let me know.

There's a total of 262 hours on the engine, and less than 50 hours on all four cylinders that were replaced.

The prop is a Hartzell C/S HC-F2YR-1F, which didn't arrive with the engine and is somewhere in Toronto.

Have to catch up with Steve R!!!
Old 04-30-2015, 06:49 PM

Default Good day today!

Another step closer today. Ross Ferguson from the MDRA attended my single car garage aircraft factory to conduct the last pre-close for the -8. I rolled it out in the driveway for him and away he went.

After his critical eye finished the inspection, he came into the house and signed off the paperwork and moved me to the final inspection stage! He made many posiitive comments about the build, didn"t find any deficiencies and gave me pointers and suggestion to prepare for the final inspection in relation to labeling and drilling a drain hole some where in the fuse.

Time to bust the hump and get this thing moving forward. I would love to get the -8 off the ground by next summer!

Have to find some help with my mediocre fibreglass skills!
Old 04-30-2015, 09:42 PM

Don, congrats on the inspection and arrival of the engine. It is truly a milestone when you get the engine hung. BTW, at the pace you're going, you'll catch me in no time. I hope to get mine in the air by next summer as well.

Cheers!

Steve
Dues paid to 12-1-21
www.mykitlog.com/skyking90200
Old 05-01-2015, 12:07 AM

Well, the wings are as done as they're going to be for the foreseeable future. For the time being, I'm not going to bother riveting the bottom skins. Keep these things open until I've got all my plumbing and such finalized.