Originally Posted by Mjuckes
How did you fair the HS and elev. ends?
1. Grabbed leftover foam from my cowl cheeks.
2. Went to the end of the surface, placed the foam there and smacked it with a hammer to mark the contour of the control surface.
3. Cut the outline of the foam.
4. Mixed up some epoxy and flox (spelling?).
5. Placed epoxy mixture on the foam and tapped it into place.
6. Let the epoxy dry.
7. Sanded outside foam flush with control surface.
8. Laid 2 layers of unidirectional glass on the outside of the foam.
9. Sanded edges flush.
10. Filled pin holes with epoxy.
It was way too much work. Not much weight but lots of work.
few of just foam.
pic of glass and epoxy over the foam.