Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:42 AM

Default G3X - "EXCHANGE"

Hi folks,

For those of you looking to either sell your current G3X screens and upgrade to the new touchscreen, or for those of you looking to purchase some either "new or almost new" screens to assemble a G3X kit, we have come up with a solution.

We have worked with Garmin to come up with an "LRU kit" at an affordable price that will allow you to procure some of these lower priced screens and put together an attractively priced G3X system with the GDU 370's and GDU 375's.

To that end, we'll try to keep this thread open for some period of time, and use this thread as a centralized point for those looking to sell components, and those looking to purchase these components along with the new "LRU package" to make yourself a nice G3X system. This new Garmin package would consist of an ADAHRS, a EIS box, and a GMU (needed components to complete a G3X package).

To be fair, I don't intend this to be limited just to us - I haven't spoken with or to Aerotronics, PCA, or Avionics Systems, but I'm fairly certain they might also be participating in this program (probably some other dealers as well, but I think the aforementioned dealers cover the large majority of G3X systems sold).

This should allow you to use one of us as somewhat of a "escrow agent" to help you either buy or sell your components (we can process credit cards for you, help with shipping, logistics, and pairing up buyers with sellers). Or course we can also sell you the new LRU package or your new G3X touch screen!

I don't have the final numbers figured out just yet on the forthcoming Garmin LRU package, but it should be priced at a point that will allow you to buy it then couple it with some purchased screens to end up with a complete system at a very good price. It might allow some of you to get into a system that you otherwise may not have considered.

If you are a person looking to sell your current 370/375 screens please post them as for sale, and if you are a person interested in buying and assembling a package, please post as "wanted to buy". We or another shop can then assist in completing the transaction for both folks.

Cheers,
Stein
Old 04-04-2014, 10:20 AM

Default LRU Kit

I have a GDU-375 display and would be interested in looking at an LRU kit - but without the EIS module. Is that one of the possible configurations?
First Flight July 26th, 2014
837 hours and counting . . . .
28 Pilots N Paws Flights
Now based at Moontown (3M5)
Old 04-04-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Langhout View Post
I have a GDU-375 display and would be interested in looking at an LRU kit - but without the EIS module. Is that one of the possible configurations?
I believe we can figure something out with that configuration.

Cheers,
Stein
Old 04-04-2014, 10:44 AM

I'm VERY interested in this idea, I was hoping something like this might come up.

My '93 vintage RV-6 could use an upgrade, but funds are short and I just can't justify it. This could change that balance!
Old 04-04-2014, 11:44 AM

Default Count me in

Definitely count me in for a GDU 370 or 375 if the price is right?
RV-8 N3170L purchased and flying/ Sold
RV-3B N313RV purchased and flying Sold
RV-4 N488TW Flying Sold
1946 J3Cub all stock and original flying Sold
1943 Meyers OTW-160 sold
1997 RV-4.5 N221TM wow, sold ��
Old 04-04-2014, 01:38 PM

Default 3GX touch

can someone post the dimensions of the new touch, im trying to see if i pull my two non touch the new guy will fill the hole?
Old 04-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvator10 View Post
can someone post the dimensions of the new touch, im trying to see if i pull my two non touch the new guy will fill the hole?
IIRC, that was answered in this thread http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...d.php?t=111188

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

Sold after 240+ wonderful hours of flight.

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."
Old 04-04-2014, 01:44 PM

The exact dims are in the newly posted install manual.

They are almost the same height but the touch is near an inch narrower than 2 GDU 37X screens side by side.
RV-10, #41942, N?????, Project Sold
---------------------------------------------------------------------
RV-7/TU, #72823, N159SB
Lyc. O-360 carbed, HARTZELL BA CS Prop, Dual P-MAGs, Dual Garmin G3X Touch
Track N159SB (KK4LIF)
Like EAA Chapter 1494 on Facebook
Old 04-05-2014, 08:18 AM

Default Looking to sell two GDU 370's

Stein,

Let me know if this is the right place to post my 370's for sale and participation in the Garmin program to acquire the touchscreen. These units are new in box, with all the plastic still on and just recently purchased from Stein. Removed from box only for sizing and then put away.

Let me know if any other details are needed for participation.

Richard Rivera
RV7A
Old 04-05-2014, 12:33 PM

Default Looking for a 370

When SteinAir built my panel, I could only afford two screens but the panel was built to accommodate three so I'm looking for a competitively priced GDU 370 to go in the third spot. Thanks for coordinating this, Stein.