Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Regional Forums > California
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 09:09 PM

For a public airport they sure made it sound private. I just arrived and didn't ask. Left today after the Navy finished. Ravens did an awesome job. Very professional. Tonight at Havasu. Bikinis not gust locks. Well, someone has to be here.

exemption option waived. Donation appropriate.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:19 AM

Thanks for your help moving airplanes around yesterday Nick...nice to meet you!

Security will be much tighter today and tomorrow, as the field closes for the airshow traffic, and PPRs are now required, per the airshow coordinator and ramp boss.

If you drive in, please come and find us over near the west-end aircraft parking area!

Cheers,
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlogic View Post
For a public airport they sure made it sound private. I just arrived and didn't ask. Left today after the Navy finished. Ravens did an awesome job. Very professional. Tonight at Havasu. Bikinis not gust locks. Well, someone has to be here.
Georgetown, TX
President/Sport 49, Sport Class Air Racing
Trustee, Formation Flying Inc (FFI)
Old 03-23-2014, 02:08 AM

Though it would have been great to see a bunch of RV fly-in visitors (the other thread on this 'splains why), the LA County Airshow turned out to be a really fun show! Combine the Blues' first show out of El Centro, with Kirby and the Red Bull gang, tons of warbirds, a flying wing, and 100K plus airshow fans, and it makes for a great weekend!

The flying was challenging Friday, due to winds, but the Raven team hung together and worked hard to make it a nice show. Saturday provided great conditions, and we just simply had a great time! We spent a lot of time with the local crowd, and had a little taste of what our friends at Team Aerodynamix must experience all show season...and we gained a lot of respect for the demands of large airshow that they work through regularly! From pre-dawn TV interviews to Chamber of Commerce Breakfasts, to community parties at the local AAA ball park, it was just a blast! Chatting with Blue Angels, F-22 test pilots, Skunk Works (the real one) engineers, and locals that love aviation was pilot nirvana, for sure! We tried hard to represent the RV community well.

Perhaps the most gratifying part was seeing the excitement and inspiration in the kids. Here's a couple shots at the autograph booth...lots of smiles all around:

We were excited to wake up Saturday to see this on the front page of the local paper:

Rosie and Cougar (Mercedes) got a lot of local buzz as local pilots flying as part of the airshow, as did our engaged couple flying as Raven 5 and 6 (Cougar and Goose)!

Thanks to KB Smith (2), Rosie Rosales (3), Tailwind Ransom (4), Goose Farrell (5), Cougar Eulitt (6), Turbo Ishii (7/awesome narrator), and Axel, Slick and Rabbit, for making this a great RV weekend!! Kudos to Tuppergal Rosales and Alisha Alvarez for lots of help and support too!

Cougar, can I get a WOO HOO! (She says that a lot!)

Cheers,
Bob
Georgetown, TX
President/Sport 49, Sport Class Air Racing
Trustee, Formation Flying Inc (FFI)

Last edited by rvmills : 03-23-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:54 PM

Default RV Formation team

I observed the RV Formation Team perform on Friday. They looked great as they made numerous formation passes in front of the crowd. Judging from the comments I overheard from spectators standing nearby I can say that the crowd was impressed.

Now that I have seen their team uniforms posted in this thread I can say they look just as sharp on the ground signing autographs. Way to go showcasing the RV airplane and your skills flying on formation!!
LAPD helicopter pilot, retired
RV6A sold
RV12 (non-builder)
Old 03-24-2014, 11:08 AM

Nice work guys & gals! Ya looked great!
Advanced Flight Systems

Van's Aircraft Inc. Technical Support-Retired
EAA Tech Counselor & Flight Advisor

www.westcoastravens.com
Old 03-24-2014, 11:15 AM

Default Woo Hoo

"Woo Hoo" indeed. Great job everyone.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:49 PM

Location: I live in on the Rosamond Skypark (CA) and am married to Victoria (Tuppergal).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabney View Post
I observed the RV Formation Team perform on Friday. They looked great as they made numerous formation passes in front of the crowd. Judging from the comments I overheard from spectators standing nearby I can say that the crowd was impressed.

Now that I have seen their team uniforms posted in this thread I can say they look just as sharp on the ground signing autographs. Way to go showcasing the RV airplane and your skills flying on formation!!
Thanks for the kind words and feedback Doug! Here's the Team, looking like a 'TEAM' Rosie

L-R: Turbo (#7, Team Narrator), Cougar (#6), Rosie (#3), Nasty (#1), KB (#2), Tailwind (#4), Goose (#5)
(Tommy Ishii, Mercedes Eulitt, Paul Rosales, Bob Mills, Mike Smith, Brad Ransom, Sean Farrell)
Old 03-25-2014, 08:50 PM

Default Practice day

The Navy was well up to speed on their formation flying.

exemption option waived. Donation appropriate.

Last edited by flightlogic : 03-26-2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: link fix