-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 10-05-2013, 11:02 PM

This is just my raw video. I will try to do a little post on it and replace it when done.

Missing Man Formation in honor of Russ and Carol Kamtz at the LOE 2013 Fly-In:

https://vimeo.com/76243820

GH
Old 10-06-2013, 09:22 AM

A nice tribute.

I arrived Sat around 1000. Stopped to say hi and have a nice lunch. Great airplanes to see, and met alot of VAF members. Always a good time.

Stiff winds, and lite to moderate turbulence near and over the mountains when I left LOE and flew over to Larmie to visit the new grand baby.
RV-44 : 4 place helicopter on order.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

The turnout was light because of the weather but we still served about 100 dinner at the banquet, including about 20 Kamtz family members.

Even with weather problems for the third year in a row we still raised $6,100.00 in raffle sale tickets and cash donations. In addition Ann Daves convinced the liquor store where we bought beer and wine for the Friday and Saturday social (paid for by Aircraft Engines) to make a donation of a bottle of wine. A 5 liter glass bottle of imported wine from Chile. Ann aka "Trouble" also said it WAS NOT going to be a raffle prize but she was going to auction it off after the raffle. It went for $315.00 dollars (pooled by friends of the Kamtz's) and then they gave it to Russ & Carol's daughter Sarah.

In addition to the beer and wine from Americas Aircraft Engines the Grimms mini brewery donated 12 gallons of the brew and a local brought some home brew pumpkin beer. We ran out of beer at dinner and Joe Baldwin made a run to the liquor store and bought more.

Clint from Vetterman Exhaust brought 2 exhausts down, one for the raffle and another to deliver to a customer who was coming to LOE. The customer won the Raffle Exhaust and Clint had to take the one for sale back home. Go figure the chance of that happening.

I will try and get pictures posted later this week.
N710RV - RV-10 Sold
N65RV - RV-6A Sold
N686RV - RV-6A Re-Built, Sold
N742PZ - RV-8 Co-Builder Sold
N-867RV -RV-7 Finish Kit
Old 10-06-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav1111 View Post
The turnout was light because of the weather but we still served about 100 dinner at the banquet, including about 20 Kamtz family members.

Even with weather problems for the third year in a row we still raised $6,100.00 in raffle sale tickets and cash donations. In addition Ann Daves convinced the liquor store where we bought beer and wine for the Friday and Saturday social (paid for by Aircraft Engines) to make a donation of a bottle of wine. A 5 liter glass bottle of imported wine from Chile. Ann aka "Trouble" also said it WAS NOT going to be a raffle prize but she was going to auction it off after the raffle. It went for $315.00 dollars (pooled by friends of the Kamtz's) and then they gave it to Russ & Carol's daughter Sarah.

In addition to the beer and wine from Americas Aircraft Engines the Grimms mini brewery donated 12 gallons of the brew and a local brought some home brew pumpkin beer. We ran out of beer at dinner and Joe Baldwin made a run to the liquor store and bought more.

Clint from Vetterman Exhaust brought 2 exhausts down, one for the raffle and another to deliver to a customer who was coming to LOE. The customer won the Raffle Exhaust and Clint had to take the one for sale back home. Go figure the chance of that happening.

I will try and get pictures posted later this week.
Dave,

Any XL T-Shirts Left?
Repeat Offender / Race 007
Friend of the RV-1
Old 10-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

You can contact Deb at manager@fnljetcenter.com. If there any extras left they will be $15.00. They turned out real nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeofReiley View Post
Dave, Any XL T-Shirts Left?
N710RV - RV-10 Sold
N65RV - RV-6A Sold
N686RV - RV-6A Re-Built, Sold
N742PZ - RV-8 Co-Builder Sold
N-867RV -RV-7 Finish Kit

Last edited by Rosie : 10-07-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:53 AM
VAF Moderator

Fun was had by all that attended. While the aircraft turnout was light the folks who drove in (myself included) filled up all the tables and ate all the food. We drank all the beer too! Thank you Grimms Brewery for the beer.

I probably got on peoples nerves while trying to push the raffle tickets. I must have asked everyone 10 times or more to buy tickets. I'm not Tanya Card when it comes to selling tickets but I did my best. Thank you all who made the raffle a success.

I think the highlight of my evening was auctioning off the bottle of wine. That was great fun and I thank everyone who participated.

I managed to win a couple of prizes in the drawing and traded them for some pretty snazzy tie-down ropes.

We can't wait till next year.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:21 AM

Very fickle weather in the USA this year.

Today at Fort Collins-Loveland is the type of day last Friday should have been. Beautiful fall weather and great for flying, probably the first day it has really felt like fall.

But thanks to everyone who came and participated AND thanks to the Rocky Mountain Renegades for the missing man formation in not the best of conditions.

GH
Old 10-07-2013, 10:59 AM

Agreed, the weather gods did not cooperate for my first LOE...and in a little bit of cruel irony, sunday was flat out gorgeous. We missed it by one day! Even with the light turnout, Sheryl and I had a great time...met some nice people, donated some money, won something I didn't need in the raffle and then did some horse trading to get what I really wanted...$500 off a paint job at GLO. So it was a good night indeed! The generosity during the evening was nice to be part of, especially the wine auction, which was a hoot. Nice job Mr. Zilik!
Denver, CO (KBJC)
RV-7 'Tip Up'
Flying!! as of 3/16/14
IO-375/WW 200G-CS/SkyView/Dual P-mags
N531R "Wablosa" Wings of Red
http://www.ronsrv7project.blogspot.com
Old 10-08-2013, 10:17 AM

Default Our trip from KS to LOE 2013/Leadville

We had a blast on our trip from Gardner,KS to Loveland, CO for the LOE 2013 and then on Sunday we did a day trip to Leadville with our friends.

Mark and his son Skylar Navratil in their RV-8A

Brian and his son Mikayl in their RV-7A

Myself (Ray) and my son Jarid in our RV-10

Flying formation over the mountains was very cool!

You can see the rest of the pictures using this link

https://picasaweb.google.com/rdoerr1...eat=directlink

Thanks

Ray Doerr
N519RV (40250)

Last edited by rdoerr01 : 10-08-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:49 PM

Great pics Ray! Leadville is a great flight this time of year. Seems like there might be a VAF wallpaper shot in there somewhere.
Denver, CO (KBJC)
RV-7 'Tip Up'
Flying!! as of 3/16/14
IO-375/WW 200G-CS/SkyView/Dual P-mags
N531R "Wablosa" Wings of Red
http://www.ronsrv7project.blogspot.com