Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-7/7A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret View Post
OK, been here a while and I still don't get the photo link thing, what the..... can someone give me a Barny lesson.....
Bret, when you click on Reply to leave a message or to post here, the window opens up where you start typing. Right across the top of the text box where you type, you should see a menu bar of icons. So you type your message, then click on the icon for "Insert Image". It's a little yellow square with a mountain top in it. Then paste your URL into the window for where your image is located and click "OK". You should see the URL of your image in between some brackets show up in the text box. Then I always hit "Preview Post" down below to make sure it shows up, before posting.

Here's your photo of your fabulous paint job. Wow! Nice work! I only wish mine to come out half this nice:

http://www.BrucesRV7A.com
Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 PM

All the parts and pieces should be going to the paint shop first thing in January, a couple of weeks of paint, a month or so of final assembly and then it should be ready to go. Its starting to get exciting.

-david
Old 12-17-2012, 02:07 PM

Default Made it to the airport !

This weekend the RV went for its first ride all the way to Paine Field ! With borrowed truck and enclosed trailer, the move went without a hitch. Even though snow flurries started as Bekah and I got to the airport. The plane is now safe in its permanent home and I have a long cold winter of work ahead of me. First flight this spring ? ? Hope so !

More pics: www.704ch.com

Flying ! As of 032913
Superior IO-375, WW200RV, Single Lightspeed, SkyView, GTN

http://www.704ch.com/
Old 12-18-2012, 06:39 PM

That's great Chad!! Drive to Dallas so I can borrow your trailer to take mine!

(BTW, your flag is backwards. Not trying to be flippit, just didn't know if you knew )
My brain shows a remarkable capacity to not willingly accept information that it considered useless.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:13 PM

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know there was a formal way to lay the flag on a wall, but I do want to make sure its done right.

I was going to wait till 2013 to ask, but how's that build going anyway? :-P :

http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ad.php?t=86886
Flying ! As of 032913
Superior IO-375, WW200RV, Single Lightspeed, SkyView, GTN

http://www.704ch.com/

Last edited by 704CH : 12-19-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelling, and updating to more friendly. ;-)
Old 12-20-2012, 09:29 AM

Talking Rolled the canoe

Last night, I finally reached another of those big build milestones...with my wife's help, we finished some riveting and then rolled the fuselage over. I'm sure I'll be flying in just a few more weeks
Old 12-20-2012, 10:00 AM

Your plane is looking very nice. I bet you are really excited. Have a good Christmas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyguytki View Post
All the parts and pieces should be going to the paint shop first thing in January, a couple of weeks of paint, a month or so of final assembly and then it should be ready to go. Its starting to get exciting.

-david
Flying N376E
Old 12-21-2012, 08:39 AM

Default Ode to Wing Stands

Today I take my right wing to storage and so end this phase of the build. My fuse kit was supposed to ship this week, but I haven't heard anything from the mother ship, so I may have to make a call to them today.

Since the world didn't end today (so far at least) I was feeling somewhat nostalgic about the wing stands that are left over. They've been a fixture in the garage for a year. I'll probably spend some time this weekend, before family arrives, to take them down. I decided to write an Ode to Wing Stands. I hope you enjoy.

Ode To Wings Stands
Done. Lonely. Mute. There you stand, proud, tall and strong. Your lifes burden finally relieved with the final resonant clunk of the last squeezed rivet. Though Douglas Firs before you have had nobler livlihoods, none before has so executed their charge with your poise and silent grace. Metal?s braggadocio of its strength is often tiresome to bear, but your wooden fortitude and charm were more than a match. Never will those wings remember that it was wood that made them come to life. Your job complete it is time to rest. The only sign of your existence, holes in the ceiling that spackle will hide but never truly fill. Dried and impossible to remove adhesive from the floor that I will trip over each time tread that path. Your body will lie in state stretched across ceremonial attic joists, there to slumber dreaming of what the future may hold secure in the knowledge that wood is not safe to burn in a gas fireplace.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:41 AM

This brought a tear to my eye.
Empennage...Done (except rebuilding the rudder.)
Wings...Halfway complete.
2018 Dues Paid
Old 12-21-2012, 12:09 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmingman View Post
Today I take my right wing to storage and so end this phase of the build. My fuse kit was supposed to ship this week, but I haven't heard anything from the mother ship, so I may have to make a call to them today.

Since the world didn't end today (so far at least) I was feeling somewhat nostalgic about the wing stands that are left over. They've been a fixture in the garage for a year. I'll probably spend some time this weekend, before family arrives, to take them down. I decided to write an Ode to Wing Stands. I hope you enjoy.

Ode To Wings Stands
Done. Lonely. Mute. There you stand, proud, tall and strong. Your lifes burden finally relieved with the final resonant clunk of the last squeezed rivet. Though Douglas Firs before you have had nobler livlihoods, none before has so executed their charge with your poise and silent grace. Metal?s braggadocio of its strength is often tiresome to bear, but your wooden fortitude and charm were more than a match. Never will those wings remember that it was wood that made them come to life. Your job complete it is time to rest. The only sign of your existence, holes in the ceiling that spackle will hide but never truly fill. Dried and impossible to remove adhesive from the floor that I will trip over each time tread that path. Your body will lie in state stretched across ceremonial attic joists, there to slumber dreaming of what the future may hold secure in the knowledge that wood is not safe to burn in a gas fireplace.

Nice Work
Looks like you are moving right along. I got all of my tools from Cleveland a couple of weeks ago and 1 toolbox kit is complete. Way ,way ,way, easier than I imagined. Gonna do the other practice kit after Christmas and the order the tail feathers. Getting EXCITED !!!!
-Saving to Buy flyng 6,7,or 9, A model
-Bought flying RV6A-2020