- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:25 PM

Default Why I love my RV

Well, after a year of flying, two trips to oshkosh and several few hour cross countries.....GHOST was in need of some bigger trips.
VANS HOMECOMING was the reason we used. We took 10 days and flew the following. ALL BIRDS RETURNED WITHOUT ISSUE. Unbelievable number of miles.

We had 6 ships head out, we overnighted in Bismarck and Great Falls Montana before heading to Independence. Good people all along the way and our hosts in independence could not have been nicer.

Side trip to vans factory to see where all my money went, and then met the king himself in independence.

Side trip to McMinnville with friends to see that goose and other great sights.

Side trip to California just to say we did...

Side trip to Crater lake, just to say we did.

More to come. 10 days. 10 beautiful states, 5 provinces, just shy of 6000 st miles. Wife loved it all. What an incredible airplane, and great trip. Keep builidng, you have no idea how much fun it can be to be able to experiene something like this.

More pics to come.

Flew to Osh 11,12,15,17,19. SNF 2013. West to Cali /Washington/Vancouver/crossed the Rockies north to Red Deer east to Moosonee and over to maritimes. South to Jekyll Isl, cedar key, and Key West etc. 7 trips and 17 islands of the Bahamas. Flown turtles and dogs for Pilots n Paws too. Love our Rv's

Last edited by RickWoodall : 08-28-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:38 PM

Default A few more pics

Nothing like getting to share a trip like this with your spouse.

1st night sitting in Independece Oregon. Long way from home but AWESOME.

This was in Hope BC. We got to visit family at Boundary Bay, Chilliwack, Hope and Moose Jaw

Got to pose with some of the stars of the Hit show ICE PILOTS up close in Red Deer Alberta.

Fly with my buds,

See just awesome scenery

Flew to Osh 11,12,15,17,19. SNF 2013. West to Cali /Washington/Vancouver/crossed the Rockies north to Red Deer east to Moosonee and over to maritimes. South to Jekyll Isl, cedar key, and Key West etc. 7 trips and 17 islands of the Bahamas. Flown turtles and dogs for Pilots n Paws too. Love our Rv's
Old 08-28-2012, 07:42 PM

My buddy flys a stearman, this ride was a must for him, my wife enjoys stearman rides too!

Last edited by RickWoodall : 08-28-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:48 PM

Just have to love these flying machines.

Some vids too if interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn7ev...hannel&list=UL

Old 08-28-2012, 07:58 PM

great stuff. great pics. no clouds. smooth sailing. the way to go. get out of your comfort zone and go for it. the NW is on my bucket list of places to fly to. keep em coming. thanks.

Stuart, Fl / East Hampton,Ct / Virgin Gorda, BVI - villa sold.
VAF #840 EAA AOPA FAC FABA QB SPA
addicted pickle ball player
https://i.postimg.cc/tn3h4svg/IMG-3101.jpg
Old 08-28-2012, 08:12 PM

That's a lot of ground covered Rick. Nice pictures I am sure you have more. Are you coming to Stanley CCW4?

Не имей сто рублей, а имей сто друзей.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:22 PM

Default familiar sights

The last picture on post #3 is a little knob on the ridge east of I-5 as you go north from Shasta valley toward Siskiyou summit, almost right on the Oregon/California border. I have circled it many times in my glider. Hope you met nice glider folks in Montague/Siskiyou Co.
IO-360 A1A
WW 200RV
"The Magic Carpet" Flying since Sept. 2009
Hobbs 700
also
1/4 share in 1959 C-182B (tow plane)
LS6-15/18W sailplane SOLD
bought my old LS6-A back!!
VAF donation Dec 2020
Old 08-29-2012, 05:06 AM

Nice ride Rick! I took a liking to the videos too. Keep em coming. Us new guys love seeing the "sales videos".
Old 08-29-2012, 05:59 AM

Default Pilot Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsmith View Post
The last picture on post #3 is a little knob on the ridge east of I-5 as you go north from Shasta valley toward Siskiyou summit, almost right on the Oregon/California border. I have circled it many times in my glider. Hope you met nice glider folks in Montague/Siskiyou Co.
That's "Pilot Rock".
VAF #201

Last edited by Mike Macon : 08-29-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:14 AM

Default thanks

Correct, wife pointed that out on charts as we got close. Pilot rock..hope there wasnt a reason for that.
As for east coast trip, sorry Vlad, I have to get back to work to prep for fuel bill coming in. Yikes.

When I was building I always enjoyed the trip stuff, nice to finally be able to experience it myself. Beautiful countries we live in and the RV is just the ideal machine to get to the pretty spots.

Cheers, Rick