What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OO-156, first RV-9A flying in Belgium

JurgenRoeland

Well Known Member
Kit # 91031 was transformed into an RV9A during seven and a half year of building, enjoyable and instructive.
Lycoming XIO-320 D1A, MT three blade CS prop, Dynon Skyview 10” & 7 “ with accessories, Garmin GMA 240, SL30, GTX 328; empty weight is 1121 lbs.
First flight was around 20pmon May 26, 2012 at EBZR; straight and level; no heavy wing.
Thanks to Vans, several good friends, some new ones, and especially my wife Maria Woestenburg.

Jef Vervoort, Belgium.

oo156-1.jpg
oo156-2.jpg

oo156-3.jpg

First take off

oo156-4.jpg

And off course, the inevitable RV-Grin !

oo156-5.jpg

Looks Great! Congratulations on that and being first

Best wishes for many fine flights to come.

What are your requirements for "Phase I", testing, or completion of signoff?

We like the paint job,.. very similar to ours.

I'm posting this on behalf of Jef Vervoort.

The "Jef Vervoort" in you first post had me a bit confused when I read it, finally decided it was something to do with the airport.

Sorry about the mixup-----send our congrats on to Jef.

I'm posting this on behalf of Jef Vervoort. He is the builder of this nice masterpiece.

Mine is an RV-7 and I just closed the tanks, so yeeaaaaaaars to go.

Jurgen,
Cool looking plane. Im still on the back end building mine. Tell Jef nice job. One more thing to tell him - get out in the sun. Those are the whitest legs in the world!!

Good luck finishing your 7. I am always interested in what it is like building out of the USA. I was reading about a poster finishing and flying his 9a in Israel. What an interesting story. Here is a link to the posts and a video - news cast made about his build and first flight.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=87002&highlight=israel

Back