What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sam James Cowl: RV-10

chazking

Well Known Member
I noticed the recent removal of RV-10 cowling / plenum offerings from the Sam James web site. Just spoke with Will and he told me that Sam James is not supporting the RV-10 Cowling / Plenum for the moment due to the number of heating issues from the IO-540s. They are continuing to support the RVs with 4 cylinder engines.

Yeah, and that sucks for guys like me who paid a bunch of money for a cowl/plenum, but aren't flying yet, so don't have a clue what I need to do to fix the likely problem.

Hopefully they figure out a fix that doesn't result in me having to buy and fit another cowl and plenum. Because I just finished the last one.

PJ Seipel
RV-10 #40032

Yeah, and that sucks for guys like me who paid a bunch of money for a cowl/plenum, but aren't flying yet, so don't have a clue what I need to do to fix the likely problem.

Hopefully they figure out a fix that doesn't result in me having to buy and fit another cowl and plenum. Because I just finished the last one.

PJ Seipel
RV-10 #40032

DId you read the Kitplane article by Amy? Her husband just posted several posts here and on Matronics. I'm sure they'll share what they did and the results.

bob

Cowl Support

Hi PJ, I worked with Sam James to find a fix for the cowl and plenum problems. Please PM me or/and call Sam or Will; they will help with your or anyone else problems with products they have sold. Amy just wrote the final chapter to the Kitplanes article but I posted the results in the RV-10 model specific section.

Back