What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV8 rear headset jacks

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Searched the threads but didn’t find what is was looking for.

What locations for the rear seat jacks are best?

As Robert said, that's a pretty standard location. I put a PTT under, might put over if doing again.

Attachments

• Drawing4.jpg
    Drawing4.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 188
I did a slightly different version of the above, putting them in the armrest instead of on the brace above.

https://rv.squawk1200.net/2022/04/23/rear-charge-port-front-headset-jacks/

img_3257-768x1024.jpg

The location shown in the second post is where mine is and it works great. The one thing I would stress is to make sure the headset plugs face fore or aft so they do no protrude into the usable cockpit area. I rode in an RV that had the plugs perpendicular to the centerline and this mean than not only did they poke the passenger's thigh they also were begging to be kicked and bent during entry or exit.

Same location for me, with PTT on the side near the jacks. This makes it easier to remove the stick when needed, and other reasons.

I liked the position in the pic until I realized you can’t get to the back side if needed. Thanks guys for the info.

Attachments

• 82B11CB5-1C58-4313-8EF9-3153436192C6.jpg
    82B11CB5-1C58-4313-8EF9-3153436192C6.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 138
Lightspeed headsets

One thing to keep in mind: Lightspeed headsets require the cord to come up to the left earcup. So if you don't want the cord across your lap, put the jacks on the left.

One thing to keep in mind: Lightspeed headsets require the cord to come up to the left earcup. So if you don't want the cord across your lap, put the jacks on the left.

Ant that is what has kept me from upgrading my old Lightspeed's.
You would think they would figure it out. I hate it when engineers take away options that you consider mandatory.
The cell phone industry is the leader in this issue.

It's time for Bluetooth to remove the cords.

Back