What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finish Kit inclusions in Fuselage Kit

TASEsq

Well Known Member
Patron
I have the fuselage kit coming soon and was wondering if there were any inclusions from the finish kit that would be useful or sensible to bring forward to the fuselage kit?

For instance I was thinking the tailwheel spring might be good - to allow me to finish the lower rudder fairing and also to help if I end up making a rotisserie.

Good idea? Unnecessary? Any other ideas?

If you haven't already got the wing kit, you will need the W-00026 fixture in a couple of places in the fuselage build ( flap torque tube and canopy release pins). That part is supplied in the wing kit.

You may also want to consider whether to get the Tosten stick grip assemblies to substitute the bare control sticks and the tailwheel step option (I'm still waiting for that back-order).

I have the fuselage kit coming soon and was wondering if there were any inclusions from the finish kit that would be useful or sensible to bring forward to the fuselage kit?

For instance I was thinking the tailwheel spring might be good - to allow me to finish the lower rudder fairing and also to help if I end up making a rotisserie.

Good idea? Unnecessary? Any other ideas?

A bit of an aside. I found a saw horse instead of a 2nd engine stand on the tail worked really well. I bought two engines stands and never got around to installing the 2nd one at the tail.

A bit of an aside. I found a saw horse instead of a 2nd engine stand on the tail worked really well. I bought two engines stands and never got around to installing the 2nd one at the tail.

Thank you -
Did you install the tail spring for it to rotate around on the horse? Or did the tail just sit straight on the saw horse?

I did not use the tail wheel spring. I just set the tail on the sawhorse. I did not have the engine stand mounted in the exact center of the firewall so the tail did not rotate uniformly around a center point. I propped up the tail as required. I purposely offset the nose on the engine stand to clear the side of the fuse and the floor.

Back