What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Difference between sds and andair fuel pump

Having heard of problems with the Andair pumps, and when installing my SDS EM-5F fuel/ignition system, I stayed with the SDS provided dual pump installation.
Looks robust, with dual pumps and switching them separately works very well.
Easy installation. I did use the 6 port Andair valve to get the fuel return lines back to the tanks though. That part I do like. Smooth and easy to operate.
I have no problems with the SDS design and installation. These impeller/bladed pumps have good reliability history.
I'm flying with them and have no worries.
My three cents worth. Art

The Walbro pumps we use are actually a gerotor design. These tend to prime faster and pull more head than impeller or roller vane designs in our experience.

The SDS guy may chime in, but the pumps they provide look extremely similar to Walbro pumps. These are highly regarded pumps for custom car and offroad applications. They just work (as long as you got a genuine pump and not a chinese copy). His little side by side install with the check valves built in makes for a really easy install.

EDIT: Once again foiled by the source posting while I was typing. Confirmed they use Walbro pumps. I was hoping they were Bosch 044's, but Walbro makes really nice pumps as well.

Last edited:
Back