Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12/RV-12iS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2021, 02:09 PM

Default GTR 225 Software Updates

Further to post #8, for the record and in case any GTR 225 users have the same issue and search this forum in future.

I sent a query to Garmin UK as follows:

I have a GTR 225A radio supplied through Vans Aircraft Inc as part of a Vans RV 12 light aircraft kit. Software Version: Display 2.01, COM 2.11 I want to update but your site says this is no longer available. This is a current radio you sell. Why can't I update? The GTR 200 updates are readily available on the Garmin website.

Garmin responded as below:

Apologies for any inconvenience. The reason for this difference is that the GTR 200 is an uncertified radio, (which for that reason and the fact that it only has 25KHz spacing cannot be use in Europe) whereas the GTR 225A is a fully certified, TSO'd product. All of the operating software for certified units are restricted to Garmin installers/dealers who have undergone the necessary training and have access to the Service Bulletins etc. A dealer will be able to update the software for you, or if they are happy to provide it to you so that you can install it yourself in your uncertified aircraft, that may also be a possibility.

I was fortunate that one of the UK distributors helped out on this and supplied the update with full instructions. Update successfully carried out today.