What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A down in FL

Jesse

Well Known Member
An RV-9A, N4889R, went missing west of Cross City (KCTY), FL this afternoon. I am sure there will be news reports tomorrow. My plane, N5303B, was used to find a plane just off the shore near where the RV dropped from radar. All I know is that there were 2 people on board. I know one of them.

Edit: The occupants were Haram Patrick Yu and Roman Scarfo.

Last edited:
Hi Jesse I know Roman Scarfo really well. I was watching flightaware when the plane disappeared off radar. I contacted Niko and asked if he could call Haram as Romans phone was going straight to voicemail.

God bless
Bill

Last edited:
Facebook says boats and divers are searching. I am a little south but with Sally out there it was blowing 25 kts and raining here all day yesterday.

Gulf shores AL

There is a pending flight plan for n4889r this am 10:50 CDTfrom AL to Cross City FL. What I see in flight aware

There were 2 onboard. They have found the engine, one landing gear, the ELT and some Misc parts. They think they found the fuselage but it was getting too dark. Divers will return tomorrow.

Local news here had a family member of one of the occupants reporting Taylor County Sheriff told her they recovered the fuselage and numerous other parts of the aircraft.

They found from the prop back to the main gear and spar center section so far. They have also found a few tail components. They are going back out tomorrow to dig deeper and hopefully find the tailcone.

Back