Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2020, 07:31 PM

I?m most of the way through IFR training and my CFII and I have noticed a couple occasions where the otherwise excellent Garmin autopilot in my G3XT system has had trouble keeping up. So today was a test and system settings flight out past Port Angeles, following Garmin?s test/configuration process, and I made a few changes as a result. Should see some improvement.

A mixed day in the Puget Sound area, weather wise, as is often the case this time of year.
Old 06-14-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvalcik View Post
Our airport was used for the graduation ceremonies due to Covit. We were asked to do a fly over to kick of the afternoon's graduation.
The school had social distancing under control and the seniors still had a great Graduation with family in the cars.

The 1st min and 1/2 of the short video is the flight over the graduation from the local papers facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/VillageSoup...318859364/?d=n
david@rv12pilot.com
2021 VAF Supporter

RV12 #568 EAB
* Started 9/30/2011
* 1st flight 8/30/12

http://www.rv12pilot.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/dvalcik
Old 06-15-2020, 03:50 AM

Default NeW RV-7A has wings

Flew 20mn to Romuald's hangar to install the wings on his RV-7A.
And voil?, a new french RV almost ready for the first flight

RV-7A #72588 - F-PSGA
VAF #484 - Donated 2021
Flying
www.notreavion.net
Old 06-15-2020, 08:25 AM

Made our first full family trip in the 10 this weekend. Took my wife and two younger sons to Beaver Island MI this weekend. Due to Covid, pretty much had the island to ourselves.

Larry
Old 06-15-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lr172 View Post
Made our first full family trip in the 10 this weekend. Took my wife and two younger sons to Beaver Island MI this weekend. Due to Covid, pretty much had the island to ourselves.

Larry
My significant other, myself and two of my neighbors flew from the Indianapolis area to Holland MI for a day trip and had a blast. Minimal crowds. We didn't go in May, because the tulip festival was cancelled (retarded politicians is all I'm going to say).

It was worth it. We lucked out with the crew car from the airport and didn't have to Uber anywhere. The weather was perfect.The RV-10 is the perfect vehicle to do this in!

I love to fly up to MI in the summer to canoe the Au Sable river, visit Mackinac Island, Beaver Island, Traverse City, and other spots. It's always fun. I sincerely hope this virus thing fades away soon, so this country can get back to what used to be normal behavior.

Larry Anderson
Indianapolis
RV-Super 8 N88XT SOLD
RV-10 QB N38LA Flying
Helicopter Instructor Pilot
Standardization I.P.
Instrument Examiner
U.S. Army Retired
EMS Pilot for LifeLine
At IU Health Retired :-)
Although Exempt,
Donated for 2021
Old 06-15-2020, 08:26 PM

Flew from our home base of 1A3 to KNQA in the Memphis area to visit our daughters, grandkids and the great grand baby. 2 hours going on Thursday with a headwind and 1:43 for the return on Sunday. Great flights, great visit with an awesome airplane, RV9.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:27 PM

Default Congrats!

Larry,

Congrats on the first family trip! Flown over Beaver, but have not landed. Maybe this summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lr172 View Post

Larry

Amateur Plane - RV-9A N789PH - 2450+ Hrs
Amateur Radio - KD0CVN
Doggies Delivered - 25+
St. Paul, MN
Old 06-16-2020, 10:26 PM

Flew out to lunch a couple hours from here with a group from my EAA chapter. Before coming home we (my cousin and I) practiced low altitude turns around a point as we circled another RV sitting in a cow pasture to make sure the pilot was OK, while my pax marked the location on his phone so we could go pick him up.

And no, I'm not going to say who it was... not my story to tell. I will say that the both plane and pilot were fine without so much as a single scratch, and yes, the FAA heard about it. Masterful job of handling an emergency landing. I hope I never have to do it, but if I do I can only hope I do half as well.

Omaha, NE
RV-12 # 222 N980KM "Screamin' Canary" (bought flying)
Fisher Celebrity (under construction)
Previous RV-7 project (sold)
Old 06-16-2020, 11:01 PM

Thumbs up

We flew the -7 back from SoCal To the Seattle area on Sunday. Had the opportunity to fly the grandson around a bit while down there. We departed vfr about 9:30 am, fueled in Red Bluff. Filed IFR and headed north. Had some IMC in layers along the way. Nearing home, runway was closed due to somebody?s gear up landing. Nobody hurt. Diverted to a friend?s AirPark runway and visited from opposite ends of their picnic table. Got word all was clear so flew to our home airport, put her away in the hangar and went out to dinner.

No long commutes to big airports, no long lines, security hassles, cramped metal tubes full of germs or parking hassles.

These are amazing time machines. Especially these days.......