Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2019, 07:24 PM

Carl, I think you are in range of them.

Simplicity is the art in design.
I was born an airplane nut. I have no explanation for it.
My Artwork is freely given and published and cannot be patented.
www.rvplasticparts.com
Old 11-26-2019, 07:51 PM

Devin,
That pic over the Hudson is Awesome! Did you take that with a camera or a newer iPhone?
Old 11-26-2019, 07:56 PM

Default Whit and I flew the VFR Corridor

This past weekend, I flew my RV-4 from WBW to N43 to Pick up Whit while his RV-4 was down getting new brake lines. He flew me from N43 (in my plane) to breakfast at N40. From there we swapped seats and decided to fly the VFR corridor in NYC. Whit is a 767 FO at United Airlines. He's very used to the view only 4,000 higher on the visual into JFK. We also flew the coastline at 400' in the small area that allows you less than 5 miles away from JFK without talking to anyone. Pretty awesome experience and we've already began to plan a four ship RV-4 formation flight up the corridor in the spring. We will surely share those pictures when the time comes!

Happy owner to an RV-4!!!
2020 dues paid! (4/2020)
Old 11-26-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabandy View Post
Devin,
That pic over the Hudson is Awesome! Did you take that with a camera or a newer iPhone?
That was on the new iphone11 pro. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who loves cockpit pictures! This one below was a few weeks ago when the leaves were changing in NEPA:

2020 dues paid! (4/2020)
Old 11-26-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nived17 View Post
This past weekend, I flew my RV-4 from WBW to N43 to Pick up Whit while his RV-4 was down getting new brake lines. He flew me from N43 (in my plane) to breakfast at N40. From there we swapped seats and decided to fly the VFR corridor in NYC. Whit is a 767 FO at United Airlines. He's very used to the view only 4,000 higher on the visual into JFK. We also flew the coastline at 400' in the small area that allows you less than 5 miles away from JFK without talking to anyone. Pretty awesome experience and we've already began to plan a four ship RV-4 formation flight up the corridor in the spring. We will surely share those pictures when the time comes!

Very cool Devin thanks for sharing! I haven't flown over the Hudson for a month and already missing it.

Не имей сто рублей, а имей сто друзей.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
Very cool Devin thanks for sharing! I haven't flown over the Hudson for a month and already missing it.
VLAD I've recently moved back to PA from SC and I've heard your name thrown around at a bunch of the airports I've been into recently. Let's get together soon! I am close by and flying ALL the time!

2020 dues paid! (4/2020)
Old 11-26-2019, 08:13 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
VLAD I've recently moved back to PA from SC and I've heard your name thrown around at a bunch of the airports I've been into recently. Let's get together soon! I am close by and flying ALL the time!
Perfect! My aircraft is 1500 nm away but we have a club Cessna to putt around.

Не имей сто рублей, а имей сто друзей.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:

That looks like fun!! Maybe one day hahaha

"Poise under pressure is the single most valuable thing you can have as a pilot. Make mistakes, take corrective action as quickly and calmly as possible and press on."
Old 11-28-2019, 08:41 AM

Default So awesome!

What an incredible view. For those of you who fly this on a regular basis, please don't take if for granted. This is definitely on the must do list.
RV-10 - Sold

Supporting VAF since the first visit