Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Regional Forums > California
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2019, 09:33 AM

Default 11th annual ice cream social at Inyokern, CA on March 9th

The 11th annual ice cream social will be held at Inyokern, CA airport on March 9th from 1100-1400.

The ice cream social is just an excuse to get together, eat some free ice cream and fly. It started as a way to get folks involved and has grown every year. Last year was a bust due to weather. Hope we can make for it this year.

If you would like to attend, please email me at axel_alvarez "at" hotmail "dot" com Use "Ice cream social" on the subject line of the email for spam filter reasons. If not, it will end up in the "trash/recycling bin" and I won't know you are coming. The head count will be used to figure out how much supplies my wife and I need to buy. All I need is your name and the number of people attending by March 2nd. Please DON'T wait until the last minute.

-The airport's web site is http://inyokernairport.com/

-Our preferred calm winds runway is 33.

-Runway 20 is the only runway with non-standard traffic (right pattern).

-Click 3 times on 122.8 for AWOS info.

-R-2506 is closed on the weekends. You can contact Joshua Approach on 133.65 if you wish to request flight following and restricted area over flight. I will call them and give them a heads up.

-When you are in the pattern, stay West of Highway 395.

-If you are coming from the West you can follow the red route. If you are coming from the North/East, you can follow the blue route.

Some things to remember if you are not familiar with airport operations.
-You are responsible for yourself, kids, family, etc. NO EXEPTIONS! You are there at your own risk, be vigilant around the flight line.

-Aircraft are the greatest invention of mankind however, they can also be dangerous. Approach every aircraft as if it were "ON". An encounter with a turning prop or intake can yield very bad injuries.

-DO NOT touch an aircraft unless you have the permission of the owner/pilot.

-Please leave your pets at home. No need to have your dog, cat, liger, emotional support peacock, etc. around each other, food or aircraft. If you MUST bring your pet, please have it on a leash (especially if it is a liger).

-Please make sure you dispose of your trash. If you don't, it could potentially do damage to aircraft engines/props. (And I will have to clean it up)

same as last year. The picture below depicts the area. It is the IYK terminal building. When you come off runway 33 or 02 on Taxiway B3, it is the building right ahead. BTW, the location is inside a red restricted area. It is NO LONGER active.

Hope to see you and your family there. The only thing better than ice cream is free ice cream.

Axel and Alisha

I hope to have the new project out there.
The information that I post is just that; information and my own personal experiences. You need to weigh out the pros and cons and make up your own mind/decisions. The pictures posted may not show the final stage or configuration. Build at your own risk. Further more, these are my opinions and not those of my employer.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:40 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Breezy Mark 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX-O View Post
I hope to have the new project out there.

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

Sold after 240+ wonderful hours of flight.

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."

Last edited by Mike S : 02-02-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:00 PM

I got 3 replies thus far. Less than 2 weeks out.
The information that I post is just that; information and my own personal experiences. You need to weigh out the pros and cons and make up your own mind/decisions. The pictures posted may not show the final stage or configuration. Build at your own risk. Further more, these are my opinions and not those of my employer.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:15 AM

If I have weather I will be there in the morning
VAF#408 RV4 N359DM O360 C/S, Dual P_Mags, AFS Efis, Trutrak A/P, Leather, Electric trim and flaps, Led lights, Freeflight ADSB and it is painted Red, Flying 1105 hrs 11/28/20

Builder Log
Old 02-27-2019, 11:22 AM

Default Me too

I will be there. Hope to get a chance to look at some 9s and 7s to see how everyone got thru my fuse problem areas. Maybe even get a chance to talk to Sir Catto about a prop!

WARNING! Information presented in this post is my opinion. All users of info have sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for their use.

Dues paid 2021, worth every penny

RV9A- Status:
95% done, 10% left to go
Electrical/Panel done
Firewall Forward 75%done
Fiberglass 0%, thought i was building in metal?
www.pilotjohnsrv9.blogspot.com
Old 03-01-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotjohnS View Post
Maybe even get a chance to talk to Sir Catto about a prop!
Craig wont be here. Will give him a call just in case.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:22 AM

Update: 1 week out.

This year the airport will be CLOSED from 12:30 to 1:00 PM. There will be a NOTAM issued. There is a reason for it but you will have to be here to find out why. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLAN ACCORDINGLY.

The weather is looking good thus far. Just a little cold

Not sure why but I have only received about 20 replies. By now we are usually around 90-100 people. Hope this is not getting to be old and folks had enough.

see you all soon!
Old 03-02-2019, 12:58 PM
VAF Moderator / Line Boy

I’d be there Axel, but I’ve got a well-known painter coming to my place at the end of the week to put color on the new airplane - and we’ll be working every day until its done. However - if he doesn’t get here and the weather is nice, I’ll need somewhere to go!

Paul
RV-6 (By Marriage) - N164MS - "Mikey"
RV-3B - N13PL - "Tsamsiyu"
A&P, EAA Tech Counselor/Flight Advisor
Dayton Valley Airpark (A34)
http://Ironflight.com
Old 03-02-2019, 02:54 PM

Default Be there too?

It all depends on weather for me. If weather is good there will be two of us.
coming from STS Santa Rosa. Steve
Old 03-03-2019, 10:09 AM

Default Love to see your project!

+2 if LA weather permits
IO-360-B1B
A&P

CANbus based trim/flaps and electrical