-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:31 PM

I've always enjoyed reading your posts and thought your plane looks amazing. Inspiration for me as I'm getting close to completing my -7. I'm based out of Waukegan and find myself up at ENW quite a bit so I'll keep an eye out for Auroroa. Can't wait to see it in person.

Best wishes for you and your wife during this really tough time.
Garmin G3X
CFI, CFII, MEI
Old 02-08-2017, 01:04 PM

Default best wishes Brian

looking forward to hearing of your wife's recovery and the next chapter in your journey.
2021 =VAF= donor
Old 02-08-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK77 View Post
I've always enjoyed reading your posts and thought your plane looks amazing. Inspiration for me as I'm getting close to completing my -7. I'm based out of Waukegan and find myself up at ENW quite a bit so I'll keep an eye out for Auroroa. Can't wait to see it in person.

Best wishes for you and your wife during this really tough time.

Well you can still use Aurora as inspiration to complete yours. She is fast and comfy on a cross country and pretty nimble on a playground.
Kenosha was just the transfer location. I was heading to Zion to be with Kris and the new owner met me there on Friday. It flew south the next morning. Off to the lands of green grass and sunshine.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:22 PM

Brian, I've always followed your progress/adventures, if only because my D180 tray found its way into your panel. : ) I'm sad to see you have to part with something you put so much effort into, but it really sounds like you have your priorities squared away.

Best wishes and prayers to you and your wife. Please keep us up to date.

Donation reminder: Jan. 2022
Old 02-08-2017, 02:17 PM

Brian, Aurora will always remain in my mind as one of the most beautiful RV's I've ever seen. Even though I never got to see her in person. I'm still looking forward to meeting you and Kris one day soon. My journey has been slow for a lot of reasons, but you have always been an inspiration and great friend, and it's heartwarming to see you doing the right things for her. You and Kris are definitely in our prayers as well. God's blessings and healing to you both.
http://www.BrucesRV7A.com
Old 02-08-2017, 06:19 PM

Prayers from myself and my whole family will be coming your way. So sorry to hear about your situation, I can only hope and pray for the best possible outcome for you both. God bless.

While I'm not a builder if I happen to give advice , I will not be responsible for damage to equipment, your ego, parts, world wide power outages, spontaneously generated black holes, planetary disruptions, or personal injury that may result from the use of this advice.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:30 PM

first sorry about the 3rd party host messing up the pictures of a lot of threads, but try this if you want to see them.

Photobucket fix:
there are a few browser extensions that reverse this issue and allow the pictures to be viewed again.

If you're using Google Chrome like I do, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, slide over and click on "Extensions". Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit Enter. Three versions of this service appear...I chose the first one. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see Photobucket pictures again on the forums where you saw the dreaded box.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on "Add Ons". Click search for "Photobucket hotlink" and click Install. Same result.

Hope this helps...
Old 12-15-2017, 03:47 PM

so, it has been about year since I listed Aurora for sale. It was a sad decision, but the right one. Kris and I were about to start the battle of her life.

Short version: We won..for now.

Longer version: she went through Hel*, hung around there for too long but crawled back to the surface. We are forever grateful for all the thoughts,prayers and good wishes. She suffered some pretty bad radiation burns to the neck and throat, had to stop treatment and in ICU. Feeding tube since she couldn't swallow even water. But at the point of giving up...we didn't. She has had several checks since treatments were done and there is no sign of the tumor and all tests show Cancer Free!
Thank you all for being there for her. I also highly recommend the Cancer Treatment Center of America. Let me know if you want more info.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:54 PM

Now onward to the future!

I can't afford a flying plane or buy back Aurora...(plus I think the owner is kind of attached to it). We have decided, we have room in our budget to build again. Looking for a dormant project RV-7 would be ideal, but open to other RV's too.
I have a '59 C-182 that might be able to work into a deal with someone. I'm in a 50/50 partnership situation, but other owner isn't flying it.

Life is good, go enjoy it.
Merry Christmas everybody
Old 12-15-2017, 04:02 PM

That?s great news regarding Kris. I?m glad she is on the mend. Thank you for the update and good luck on your next build.

RV7
Empennage and wings need tips
Fuselage kit "finished" (for the moment)
Finish kit and FWF in progress
Hartzell CS
NIB $35,000 Paperweight: Aerosport Power IO-360 with the inferior Superior crank, Dual Pmags, AFP FM200 FI

Hangar construction at 7FL4 finished.
Home construction at 7FL4 under way.

C-172 at KCRG (sold)
C-150 at 7FL4 (sold)

www.mykitlog.com/cakelley
www.1379.eaachapter.org