Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2017, 11:29 AM

Despite the weather, another extremely well organized and great event Governor. Only regret I have is not being able to arrive sooner and stay longer. Bruce and I debriefed our chapter last night about the trip and how well you've fined turned the planning year after year. Its the flyin that completes the summer flying season for me.

Seemed more than appropriate that the only RV flying around the northeast on Saturday morning was our Vlad.

Brought back to New Jersey a few friends for dinner again this year.

Decided to take them swimming.

Oh boy were they great guests ...will be missed...
RV-12, N913BC
2021 VAF Donation, please make yours too!
http://www.mykitlog.com/brent45

Check out & subscribe to my Youtube channel for latest RV-12 flying videos...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxQ...Px2I7jmazGdLqg
Old 09-23-2017, 06:12 PM

Default Getting Home

Muchas gracias Jose. You put me in the 200mph club on Thursday (21st) after more than 570hrs in my little 0320 powered 6A. If you can't read the Garmin screen, it shows 178kts or 205mph. Got up to 181kts before I powered back.

Ran into Rick Gray at Mid Ohio Valley Apt in WV. Got a tour of his hanger and some beautiful RV's and hot rods.

We had a flat rolling out on landing at MKL in Jackson, TN. As the tower was closing (7pm). The controller stayed around to warn other traffic while we pulled the plane off the runway. He may have saved a bad situation because a light twin arrived as we were working to remove the wheel pant and he was redirected to the crossing runway.

The next day I paid a visit to the tower to thank the man who had stayed overtime to keep us safe. Turns out he was a new guy who was going the extra mile. I was ready with a little speech about how much I appreciate FAA controllers, but before I even got started, the tower manager said that they were contractors and that their company mans over 90 towers around the country. That was news to me.

Because the lineman on duty the night I landed tracked down a dolly for my flat wheel, we were able to move the plane without destroying the tire and I was able to just change the tube with the new one I carry for such situations. I guess professionalism and good will are still alive and well in this country.

We made it home to BTR this afternoon sans wheel pants. One modification I plan to make is to move the lowest wheel pant screws up 1.5" so I don't have to tear the wheel pant off when the tire is flat and there is no time to lift the wing so you can get a screwdriver on that last screw.

John
Old 09-24-2017, 08:17 AM

I was flying from Belfast to Florida on Thursday and told Shakeel that I saw pictures of Vlad at the flyin. I just realized that the picture shows Vlad talking to Shakeel.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I was flying from Belfast to Florida on Thursday and told Shakeel that I saw pictures of Vlad at the flyin. I just realized that the picture shows Vlad talking to Shakeel.
He sold his 8 and got himself a nice 10! My buddy liked it and now wants one

Не имей сто рублей, а имей сто друзей.