What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lobster Flyin just around the corner

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Belfast MAINE Lobster fly-in is just 30 days away.

2ndflyin.jpg

If you are attending and haven't already RSVP, send me an email with your size to reserve a t-shirt for the pilot. There is a large group already coming in on Friday for a pre-get-together.

On Friday there is a Lobster Dinner, 6:00 pm at Youngs Lobster, Belfast (great view, better food, good company, and many stories as usual). We have a few KBST EAA chapter Members who are offering beds for anyone interesting in staying overnight on Friday. (First come first serve)

I can also assist with finding hotel accommodations if needed.

we had a lobster omelet with baked beans, home fries, and toast yesterday in sanford maine with a bunch of rv pilots. :) can't get enough of those critters.

Update on Pre flyin activities.

It looks like 10+ plus RVs are coming in early for the Lobster get-together at Youngs lobster Sept 16th. Most everyone is stay at my house or other Belfast RVrs homes. We still have a few more places to put up anyone who wants to come early for the dinner on Frday. :)

Getting everything ready!

My wife and I are planning to be there! We've been wanting to go back to Maine. We visited and explored the southern area some years ago, flew in commercial. This time we are flying our plane :)

Our plan is to takeoff the morning of Wed. Sept. 14 fly this route:
KHVC - Hopkinsville Christian County, KY Airport
I23 - Fayette County Airport, OH
then up to and around Niagara Falls
KGVQ - Genesee County Airport, NY
0B1 - Bethel, ME to top off fuel
KBST - Belfast, ME

I've been thinking about flying the New York City, Hudson VFR Corridor on the way home, but not real sure about that yet.

See you guys soon!
N857BH
You'll be able to track us live on https://www.flightradar24.com/ or http://flightaware.com/

My wife and I are planning to be there! We've been wanting to go back to Maine. We visited and explored the southern area some years ago, flew in commercial. This time we are flying our plane :)

KBST - Belfast, ME

I've been thinking about flying the New York City, Hudson VFR Corridor on the way home, but not real sure about that yet.

See you guys soon!
N857BH
You'll be able to track us live on https://www.flightradar24.com/ or http://flightaware.com/

Bobby, welcome to the northeast! Sounds like a great trip! Looking forward to seeing you there!

:) CJ

KBST - Belfast, ME

See you guys soon!
N857BH

You can talk to Vlad the ambassador for the NY corridor Friday at the dinner or Saturday at the Flyin. Have a great trip :)

Hi Dave----I plan on arriving around 3:00 Fri---staying over---need a bed if possible--and a MED shirt also---I plan leaving Portsmouth NH (KPSM) around 2:00 flying low up the coast and islands--if anyone wants to join up call me 603-205-4727---monitor 122.75 enroute---Hey Turbo,we`ll get a sky hook and give Vlad a tow---looking forward to a good time---John Fleurent

KBST

Hi Dave----I plan on arriving around 3:00 Fri---staying over---need a bed if possible--and a MED shirt also---I plan leaving Portsmouth NH (KPSM) around 2:00 flying low up the coast and islands--if anyone wants to join up call me 603-205-4727---monitor 122.75 enroute---Hey Turbo,we`ll get a sky hook and give Vlad a tow---looking forward to a good time---John Fleurent

We have got you covered - sent a PM

See you on the 16th for the flash mob arrival in the afternoon.

Remember no fuel at KBST :mad:

David, I'm guessing you would recommend pilots plan a little sightseeing out to 93B? :D

N25DV-575x406.png

(found the flight while playing around on the web)

We decided flying to Belfast would be more fun than riding to Reno, and are coming up early Friday. Car and motel secured, see everyone at dinner!

extended =VAF= wx looks pretty good for friday saturday. ill be coming in the fling wing machine. any takers for a turbo ride are welcome. you will be very :):):) for sure.

Haven't got my conditions removed yet so I will not be able to join you guy's , but Bar Harbor is on 123.000 , same as YQI here so I will be able to listen to you guys on the radio at least. Bar Harbor traffic comes in loud and clear this time of the year, it's busy over there. You guy's ever here the YQI (Yarmouth , Nova Scotia) traffic noise from your side?

We have got you covered - sent a PM

See you on the 16th for the flash mob arrival in the afternoon.

Remember no fuel at KBST :mad:

Thinking of flying in Friday from Toronto on my 7A.

Is it possible to camp at the airport Friday night, to keep costs down. Plan to fly back Saturday afternoon

Peter

Our fly in at 4B9, Simsbury, CT, has been postponed until the 25th, due to weather. Looks like we'll be able to join you in Belfast tomorrow, looking forward to it!

Ride Up!

If anyone is flying over my area (coastal MA north of Boston) I would love to bum a ride. Happy to chip for gas.

I am near the Beverly airport (KBVY) and Newburyport (2B2). I can also get to Pease in NH (KPSM) pretty easily as well as Hampton (7B3).

Antony

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks Mike. I doubt I am as cute as the pretty blond, so I understand if you don't have room. Besides I don't think I fit in a 4 at 210 pounds.

Some one ate a four pound lobster, downed a quart of home brew whiskey and a lot of beer, a great group. Breakfast at the airport soon. See you all as the new day progresses.

Turbo's new career: right wing walker/ CFI?
Great to have you guys and gals all make the day up here in Maine!
We'll order up the weather for next year and do it again....

vlad has a new job title, balloon inflator. noah brought up his ultra lite experimental setup and tried a tethered flight but the wind was just a bit much. got a new apreciation for balloons. :)

tried to get a date with one of those young ladies but they were only interested in my plane.:D

this was a topnotch event! holy balloons, lobsters, rvs, sun, beer, flying, great people, what more can i say. flying with friends in maine, the best.

we found a golf course with a runway down the middle of it near belfast.
44 21 17 n 69 15 42 w circle to clear the area, after landing find the place to sign the waiver. :)

peter aka pcwebb and wife, thanks for the best hospitality! couldn't of been better. we will be back for another visit. more to see.

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

Last edited:
Could not have ask for a better time!

Our RV friends starting arriving mid week and we had a large group by Friday midday. We started congregating around the hangers telling stories.

img_1459.jpg

img_1461.jpg

Then they started providing tech counseling services for Mike's RV12. :D
img_1465.jpg

Ok he is building a very nice plane!

img_1462.jpg

Refueling Brent's plane

img_1467.jpg

img_1470.jpg

Then more arrivals
img_1479.jpg

img_1480.jpg

Last edited:
More from the afternoon and dinner

img_1482.jpg

dsc_3484.jpg

img_1483.jpg

img_1485.jpg

img_1487.jpg

img_1488.jpg

There are stories about the afternoon, but I will leave it to someone else to tell. All I will say is it was lots of fun, laughs, and libations :D

Thanks Jeff!

img_1490.jpg

Ed and Al picking the best Lobster from the tank

img_1492.jpg

img_1495.jpg

Vlad and Scott

img_1501.jpg

img_1496.jpg

Bobby - who also received the furthest RV to fly in on Sat. Thanks for making a vacation of it.

img_1502.jpg

img_1501.jpg

img_1510.jpg

After Mark targeted a 4.5 Pounder

img_1506.jpg

Then the full on assault began, lobster lost in 3 rounds! :eek:

img_1504.jpg

img_1511.jpg

img_1513.jpg

img_1512.jpg

img_1514.jpg

I'll post more from the flyin later in the afternoon.

Recap

img_1518.jpg

img_1522.jpg

img_1524.jpg

img_1525.jpg

img_1533.jpg

Captain John's and Brent's birthday

Recapping this weekend?s Lobster fly-in.

The Belfast EAA 1434 chapter did a great job of putting together this fly-in. We had over 75+ planes visit our little airport. The official count for RVs including the RV?s on the field were 50. :D

This was not only a fly-in for pilots but for our community in Mid Coast Maine. We had 33 kids fly with the Young Eagles program and estimated 500+ members from the area attended for Breakfast or Lunch, walking around talking to pilots and looking at airplanes.

We had 20 people staying with other pilots and 6 others in hotels around the area.

We gave out 5 awards for RVs
Outstanding Aircraft - Al
Outstanding Aircraft - Mike
Outstanding Aircraft - Brent
Furthest flight (Kentucky) - Bobby
People?s Choice voted by the community - John
(I hope someone got pictures of the winners and will post them)

We are glad that the weather was perfect and so many friend were able to visit our 2nd annual fly-i. Hope to see everyone at the same time next year, more to come ...

David, what a fantastic event! You and all of the EAA chapter crew were outstanding. We didn't stay too long but my niece was a bit smitten with the smooth talking Turbo :)

I got the unexpected chance to surprise a very good old friend - the Maine Forestry Chief Ranger Pilot who was at the fly-in talking with the public and answering question.

Nothing could have made the whole event better. Congratulations!

Happy birthday CJ. Wanted to make it but the southern hospitality of Triple Tree called me back once again.

Awards

Barb thanks for sending the pictures of the Award winners

award_0001.jpg

award_0002.jpg

Gathering for the Awards

award_0007.jpg

Bobby - Farthest flown

award_0003.jpg

award_0004.jpg

John - Peoples Choice

award_0005.jpg

Mike - Outstanding Aircraft

award_0006.jpg

Al - Outstanding Aircraft

award_0008.jpg

Brent - Outstanding Aircraft

Thanks EAA 1434

What a great time in Belfast Maine. Friday and Saturday we had fantastic weather. What a blast to spend time with a bunch of RVers. Next time I will bring more than one bottle of Manatawny Keystone Whiskey. It was emptied in about 10 minutes!!! David, Peg, and others Thanks Sooo Much for your awesome Hospitality!!!! I hope to be back with a newly built RV12!!
f1m59l.jpg

2ik4da8.jpg

72r2ab.jpg

29olxfq.jpg

2z8w0zq.jpg

2ymcc40.jpg

os5wk7.jpg

eisies.jpg

Any guess what is in the white containers?
10gw946.jpg

Thanks Mark for letting me ride along in your beautiful RV9A

Last edited:
jeff, so much fun spending time together. thanks for posting this.

IMG_0510.jpg

this was one awesome hangar. :)

Back