camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-8/8A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2016, 12:22 PM

Default Great!

Great-Looking Paint Jobs, Dave and Bob!
Old 05-24-2016, 11:34 AM

I totally agree! Both are looking awesome! Could you also post some Pictures from the Interior?
RV-8 #83458 HB-YUA
Donation 2020 done
Old 06-17-2016, 12:09 PM

Default First Flight N151TK "La Otra Chica"

First Flight Vans RV-8, N151TK
“La Otra Chica”
Builder #82826

After 7 ½ years of building, I received the Airworthiness Certificate for my RV-8, “La Otra Chica”, on August 12, 2015. First flight was on August 14th and she flew straight as an arrow. The RV grin is alive and well!! She flew naked for almost a year until she was painted in May 2016 at GLO Custom in TX and the nose art was provided by Victory Girl in CA. The paint scheme mirrors my all-time favorite aircraft, the F4U Corsair, and this particular one is hanging in the Udvar-Hazy museum in Washington DC. Grady at GLO took a bunch of pictures and turned them into reality.

I have to thank my wife and number one fan Traci. Without her support there is no way this project would have been started or let alone finished. I also have to thank all the members of EAA-1099 in VA that helped with the final assembly. Transition training was provided by Mike Seager in OR. Thanks also to all the members of VansAirforce who knowingly or unknowingly provided a whole lot of ideas and a whole lot of help.

Mattituck XIO-360
Hartzell constant speed prop
Raven inverted oil system
Inverted fuel system
Dynon D180
Dynon HS34 Autopilot control
Dynon 2 place intercom
iFly720 GPS
TruTrak Gemini standby attitude
Garmin GNC-255A Nav/Comm
Trig TT31 transponder
Flight Data Systems GD-40 CO detector
Kuntzleman triple strobe lights
Infinity stick grips
Flying as of August 14, 2015
TN26

Last edited by Carlos151 : 07-21-2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Image hosting
Old 06-20-2016, 10:29 AM

Great looking airplane!

With regard to the Infinity Grips - did you build or arrange for a bent stick in the front seat? Or did you raise the panel lower edge for clearance?

If so, how did you go about that?

I ask because installing an Infinity grip in the front cockpit is one of my projects down the road.

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2016, 12:58 PM

Not much else to say...Sweet...
VAF Dues Paid for 2021
Old 06-20-2016, 02:50 PM

Default Nice!! Congrats!

Karl,
Love the airplane ? love the paint! I too am a huge fan of the F4U Corsair. In the 70?s when the show, ?Baa Baa Black Sheep? / ?Black Sheep Squadron? was one, I used to love to watch all Corsair close ups during takeoffs, landings and taxiing. That was one cool show!! I found it on the cable not too long ago and DVR?d every episode and watched them. Still really a neat show although I do see a repeat of the video footage that I didn?t notice back in the 70?s. If there was a bent wing experimental that looked like the Corsair (not talking about the Mustang II), I would be all over it. Enjoy your beautiful bird!
www.mykitlog.com/izzybear
VAF Dues gladly paid up till December 2021

"The ultimate responsibility of the pilot is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions of earthbound ancestors who could only stare skyward and wish." - Unknown
Old 06-20-2016, 04:14 PM

Talking

Quote:
With regard to the Infinity Grips - did you build or arrange for a bent stick in the front seat? Or did you raise the panel lower edge for clearance?
I did not go with the bent stick. I cut the stick to allow enough room for my thumb to be on top of the trim coolie hat and move the stick full forward without contacting the panel. Stick height has worked out great for me.

Quote:
Not much else to say...Sweet...
Quote:
Karl,
Love the airplane ? love the paint! I too am a huge fan of the F4U Corsair. In the 70?s when the show, ?Baa Baa Black Sheep? / ?Black Sheep Squadron? was one, I used to love to watch all Corsair close ups during takeoffs, landings and taxiing. That was one cool show!! I found it on the cable not too long ago and DVR?d every episode and watched them. Still really a neat show although I do see a repeat of the video footage that I didn?t notice back in the 70?s. If there was a bent wing experimental that looked like the Corsair (not talking about the Mustang II), I would be all over it. Enjoy your beautiful bird!
Thanks guys! I've got the pseudo tailhook to go with it
TN26
Old 06-21-2016, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos151 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I like this photo...... closed canopy and all control surfaces lined up, makes a great picture.
VAF #897 Warren Moretti
2020 =VAF= Dues PAID
Old 06-21-2016, 12:34 AM

Quote:
I like this photo...... closed canopy and all control surfaces lined up, makes a great picture

Thank you sir! She looks as fast as she actually is .
TN26

Last edited by Carlos151 : 06-21-2016 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Karl,
Thanks Jim. One of the cool things is that my old Navy squadron (VFA-151) used to fly Corsairs in the late 1940's. Hence the registration number N151TK and the 51 nose number. They were originally established as VF-23 and flew off the USS Midway, CV-41. Ironic that that's the last ship our squadron flew off of before she got decommissioned post Desert Storm.
TN26