-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:54 AM

Sitting in the forum for first flight procedures at 10 o clock. Weather clearing. All of you with lady pilots come and see us at the 99's house down the road from the radio station. I'll be in the area this afternoon after the WASP luncheon.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret View Post
What! Vans is using ATO fuses instead of CBs? what is the world coming to..................Fuses are in my build also......don't tell me they primed the inside also..............Kidding....That 14 looks sharp!
Nothing new really.....

The RV-12 has had them since introduction as well as both RV-14A and RV-14 prototypes.

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
Van's Aircraft Engineering Prototype Shop Manager
FAA/DAR
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")
Old 04-07-2016, 07:42 PM

Didn't get to fly it but did get a ride in the B-17. Views out the waist gunner positions are amazing, as was the whole experience.
Vaccines kept me out of the hospital but COVID still cost me a month of living, all told...
Old 04-08-2016, 05:20 AM

https://tgilmorephotos.smugmug.com/p...lbumKey=F3jS6v

here is the link to my copilots pics from snf . high quality and a variety of subjects. enjoy. this has been one of the best events ever. the wx gods have delivered 2016.

Stuart, Fl / East Hampton,Ct / Virgin Gorda, BVI - villa sold.
VAF #840 EAA AOPA FAC FABA QB SPA
addicted pickle ball player
https://i.postimg.cc/tn3h4svg/IMG-3101.jpg
Old 04-08-2016, 07:37 AM

Default Tailcam view of Sun N Fun

I got to fly a few passes in a flight of 12. Following is my tailcam video as #11. It was shot between 11:30 and noon.

Ted Chang, VAF #681
RV-9A #91048, flying since 8/2006. 2,050 hrs.

2018 Due paid
Old 04-08-2016, 09:09 AM

Kitplanes (note, a paid advertiser on VAF) has/had a team of writers blogging items of interest at the show. There are 30+ entries here:

http://kitplanes2.com/blog/
Old 04-08-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Wischmeyer View Post
Didn't get to fly it but did get a ride in the B-17. Views out the waist gunner positions are amazing, as was the whole experience.
So didja get up to the cockpit to say hi to the drivers? That was me in the right seat... I should've worn my VAF hat! Glad you liked the ride, and many many thanks! I know that the rides aren't cheap, but that beast is expensive to run and the ride program helps keep it flying. It really likes gas. And oil. Tires/brakes too. But still, it's just a cool old airplane and I'm lucky to be able to fly it.
1850 hrs
Houston, TX
Old 04-08-2016, 03:46 PM

Default Engine Price at Sun n Fun vs Oshkosh

I'm ready to buy IO360. Will Oshkosh be any cheaper? Is this the bottom price or should I wait till Oshkosh?

thanks

I was lucky to visit Sun n Fun Wednesday. Very Fun. Saw the announcement of Dynon EFIS for Cessna and Piper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f14av8r View Post
Hey, let's kick off the Sun N Fun discussion here!

What a great night to show up. Unfettered access to the entire flight line by bicycle. Everybody's still setting up and you can go wherever and whenever you want. That won't be true starting tomorrow morning!

Looking like great weather too.

Here's the Van's tent prior to day one.

And, in case you are interested, the special pricing for Sun N Fun 2016:

Anacortes, WA
www.mykitlog.com/sglynn
Old 04-09-2016, 08:19 AM

I would buy now. The YIO-360A1B6 (200hp). Is $9000.00 cheaper than it was 5 days ago. I confirmed this with them at the booth. I wish I would have known about this before I spent some serious cash on engine repairs. I replaced my cracked case with a new one and bought 4 new cylinders. I based my decision to repair my engine based on the previous price of $41K. It wouldn't have taken much more to replace my engine with a new one based on the current price.

Jerry Esquenazi
RV-8 N84JE
Old 04-09-2016, 11:46 AM

Back from a great show. Winds going down were a bear, so we did not make it in prior to the Wednesday night show and had to commute in from KISM (great service from the Jet Center). Saw lots of vendors, bought some "cheap" (really, honey!) stuff at show prices. Some guy took a picture of my back. Good flying to be seen, and am glad that I still get chills at the sound of a Merlin running down the line. Sat in on some workshops and got scared to fly my plane home because I was sure it was trying to kill me. Decided to fly home anyway, had to leave yesterday afternoon due to today's April (!) blizzard warning. My copilot realized the timing was such that we could swing by the coast and watch the 3:43 SpaceX launch:

Having an RV looking over the operation obviously brought the Stage 1 landing attempt some good luck, pitching deck and all. Home and in the hangar by 9pm, what a way to travel!
Super-8 bought flying

Last edited by catmandu : 01-05-2018 at 03:47 AM.