Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Regional Forums > California
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2016, 08:01 PM

Unhappy Bummer!

Looking forward to going, but not going anywhere on Saturday. 80 to 100 percent chance of rain up here in Santa Rosa on Saturday.

Steve
Old 03-11-2016, 09:51 PM

All,
a few things for tomorrow.

-If you can, please arrive before 1230. The Ravens (if weather permits) will be performing a practice routine at that time.

-Plan for fuel. If you wait until everyone is leaving you will be part of the "traffic jam". I placed cones around the fuel pump. PLEASE DO NOT PARK OR BLOCK THAT AREA ....

-Remember, there will be other airplane and people around. Be conscious of your surroundings. Don't blast people or other planes.

-Be ready to play some games. My wife bought a few fun things.

See you soon!!!!!!!!!
The information that I post is just that; information and my own personal experiences. You need to weigh out the pros and cons and make up your own mind/decisions. The pictures posted may not show the final stage or configuration. Build at your own risk. Further more, these are my opinions and not those of my employer.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:29 PM

Default Thanks

Axel and Alisha,
Thanks for hosting this RV gathering. It was fun and thanks the Ravens for the mini airshow.

Time for me to start building.
he travels the fastest who travels alone-Kipling
Old 03-12-2016, 09:13 PM

+1

Always a good party. Looking forward to next year!
WARNING! Incorrect design and/or fabrication of aircraft and/or components may result in injury or death. Information presented in this post is based on my own experience - Reader has sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for use.

Michael Robinson
1984 L39C
Old 03-12-2016, 09:56 PM

+2!

I took some pictures and put them up here.

Thanks again for the hospitality and treats, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
APRS Tracking for KJ6YRP and Flying Over the Hills Blog
2021 VAF donator
EAA Tech Counselor, Pre Buys, Build assistance - canopy/tanks/fiberglass/electrical/repairs
Old 03-12-2016, 10:01 PM

Happy Birthday Axel!

Sorry I missed it but the weather was poor in the Bay area and I was moving hangars anyway.

But there's always next year.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:46 PM

Default Great gig Axel

Axel,
Happy birthday and thanks for a great event. It was neat to see a nice turnout of RVs and Rockets and the mini airshow. Chocolate ice-cream and whipped cream in the face & cheap gas was a nice touch. Thanks for your efforts supporting the RV community.
Cheers
Nige
Tehachapi CA
I paid my -VAF- dues July 2018
Old 03-14-2016, 12:20 AM

Bruce, I always enjoy your photos and captions. Can't wait to join you guys...almost halfway through Phase 1!!
Donation made for 2021
You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky -- Amelia Earhart
Old 03-14-2016, 02:12 PM

Well the 8th annual ice cream social is a wrap. Even though we had about 50% cancellation due to bad WX and winds we still ended up with 30 airplanes. Thank you to those of you that came. It made the event very special this time around. Special (I put on a tux) because my grandparents, parents and sister traveled to join us. They had a blast.
My wife busted her behind more than usual this time around. If you flew/drove in you know what I mean. Despite hiring someone to work the event, I was still not able to spend enough time with everyone. My apologies, that really bugs me. The games we introduced were a hit. Many folks ended up with ?pie? to the face. Also the bean bag game was great even though I saw my sister take a bean bag to the head at one point.

My cake was amazing. My wife?s boss made it for us. My wife wanted something cool. So she took her favorite picture of ?Dilemma? and they worked with that. My wife?s coworker made some beautiful cupcakes. They even rolled their own props.
Even though my wife and I don?t want/take any donations, we found few dollars here and there. Thank you but not necessary, we do this so the community can have a nice place to hang out, talk, and share ideas. I did receive a few gifts (also not necessary). David, the bridle is our favorite, thank you.

The most indescribable moment was when Rosie took my 80 years old grandpa flying unexpectedly. Grandpa got some stick time and commented on how delicate you had to be while on the controls. I also got to join on Rosie?s wing and let my grandpa see me/my plane next to him. He could not stop smiling and at one point got on the radio and talked to me. On the ground he commented on how never in his wildest dream would he have expected that to happen. Rosie also took my dad flying and I flew on his wing. That was cool too. During the event, my family signed ?Dilemmas? turtle deck. Word cannot express the feelings for all of us (mine of accomplishment, theirs of being proud). Thank you again to all those that came out and made this possible for my family and I.

If you have pics or videos, please post them so other can get inspiration/motivation to pound some rivets.

Please take a moment to say thank you to my wife at

lasotagirl ?at? hotmail ?dot? com

If it were not for her, this activity would NOT happen. She spent weeks of time preparing the very small details that made your attendance possible.

Also if it were not for the support of the local airport staff, this would not happen.

Scott ?at? inyokernairport ?dot? com

See you next year. If you are still building, maybe you can use this event as a future target ?to do? activity.

Will post pics as soon as I can. I am not able to from this computer. Or maybe DR will if he gets a few minutes. [ed. Inserted! v/r,dr]
The information that I post is just that; information and my own personal experiences. You need to weigh out the pros and cons and make up your own mind/decisions. The pictures posted may not show the final stage or configuration. Build at your own risk. Further more, these are my opinions and not those of my employer.

Last edited by DeltaRomeo : 03-14-2016 at 06:46 PM. Reason: inserted pics
Old 03-14-2016, 07:48 PM

Default THANKS!

Thanks Axel and Happy Birthday again! Rita and I had a great time will make this our annual event.

regards

-Marc