-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:11 AM

Default Airflow Performance Measurements Say....

[quote=ronschreck;1030263]So, I'm thinking a #10 bulkhead fitting with a cap is all you need to fix that hole.

The data we have taken indicate that you need a #24 injector nozzle on the hose to the bulkhead fitting!
RV 10 - 313RT
Beechrv9a@hotmail.com
Old 11-18-2015, 08:37 AM

Hearing from you and knowing you're on the mend just made my day!!! Get well fast, amigo!
(Dues paid thru Nov '18)
Old 11-18-2015, 09:14 AM

Wishing you a speedy recovery. God bless you.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:26 AM

Default Recovery

Hi Tom I am sitting home recovering from major back surgery. All went as planned. It made me sad to read your post. I showed it to my wife who is a RN. No more sympathy cards in my deck. Prayers to get better soon. Dan
Old 11-18-2015, 11:26 AM

Geeeze Louise, what a story! Get well Tom, cause we want to hear the details at a future fly-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronschreck View Post
So, I'm thinking a #10 bulkhead fitting with a cap is all you need to fix that hole.
As soon as the ram air intake is back in order, convert it to alternate air :

http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...2&postcount=42
Old 11-28-2015, 11:08 AM

Default TS Flightlines update

Good morning all. Its Saturday ( I think)---I'm in Virginia at Suzanne's moms for thanksgiving. I just wanted to give a short update for all of you.
Currently, I have no pain, just soreness in my lower calf, which is another word that I'm improving. Walking without crutches, or any other help aid, with no difficulty. Not fast, but steady. I'm about a week behind schedule on therapy, but other wise doing well.

I'll probably start building some hoses when I get back on Monday. So, should be back on schedule in about a week. I cant say enough about the RV community. We we unundated with emails, and texts, some of which I or Suzanne answered, alot of which I still need to address. Point is that all of were thinking more of my health than your projects, and that means more than you can imagine. Many of you are voices on the phone, printing on an email, but over the past 2 weeks have formed into real people. Its amazing that at the point of crisis, people bond together so best wishes actually become a force to combat the issue. Inner strength, strength from beyond, whatever you want to call it, it comes through alot of you.

When an email comes in from Australia, and the person is writing only to say hello, and offer best wishes, gee, that touches you right in the middle of the heart, and you can only smile that the way this happened was because of the great RV Community we have. I havent been to Australia, but sure would like to, and personally thank that person for the email.

Long medical story short, a reaction to the antibotic, Rocephin, given IV during pre-op. By the time I was wheeled into OR, the anesthesia, and the Rocephin were well on its way, doing their jobs. Last I remember was a tickle in my throat, which I tried to cough out. What we now know, is the tickle was the beginning of the airway clossure, and with the surgery almost completed, the airway completely closed, and flow rates began to drop.
Repeated attempts to get an airway failed, so a Tracheotmy was performed, all the while, my orthropededist was finishing his part so they could transport me.

OK enough about the bad stuff. Good Stuff------I'm told heroic efforts by several members of combined OR, ER EMS, ICU staffs have gotten me to where I am today. Deeply indebted to all of those people. In debted to the RV Community for its understanding, and expression of Love and well wishes. You just cant make all of this up. Hospital visitors included Lee Logan and Dennis Argentsinger, my building buddies from 3J1, seeing what they could do to help. Even though we've been friends for years, its still pretty moving to have them come an check on me.

Best thing is I'm on the healing side now. Should be 100% shorly.
Tom
Proud Vendor for RV1, Donator to VAF
RV7A Tail Kit Completed, Fuse started-Pay as I go Plan, on hold while we develop new products for RV builders
Ridgeland, SC
www.tsflightlines.com, www.asflightlines.com
Old 11-28-2015, 11:11 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Good news, thanks for the update.

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

Sold after 240+ wonderful hours of flight.

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."
Old 11-28-2015, 11:22 AM
unfluencer

Tom,

It's so good to have you chiming in. Your recovery was one of the things I was most thankful for this Thanksgiving.

v/r,
dr
  • Part time: Supporting Crew Member CAE EMB-505 Level D Sim @ KDFW.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:29 AM

Great to hear of your encouraging progress.

Best regards,
Tom
Dues contributor since 2007

Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself...Anonymous
Old 11-28-2015, 11:51 AM

Wonderful news Tom. Keep on keepin on..

All the best.

VAF #818
Saint Simons Island, GA. KSSI
PIF 2007 - 2022

I just wish I could afford to live the way I do