What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 Kit Reporting Log thread

BruceW

Well Known Member
Starting this thread for folks to report timing of RV-14 kit timing.
(saw this format on a CMP 1911 forum)

Please reply using format in next post.
Provide whatever info you are willing.
Including serial # and/or sales order # helps others gauge where they are on the list. Over time, folks can monitor the progress.

Congratulations for those that have received.
Thank you for those willing to share.

RV-14 Kit Reporting Log format . . .

Kit Type:

Serial #:

Sales Order #:

Date- Order Acknowledgement:

Actual Crating Date:

Delivery Date:

Comments:

Thanks for starting this and giving me one more thing to obsess over while I wait! I look forward to someday being able to add my delivery date to the list.

My fuseqb kit just moved out 5 months when I looked today, two months into the order, so that’s not a good sign of getting better. It wasn’t like that last week.

My fuseqb kit just moved out 5 months when I looked today, two months into the order, so that’s not a good sign of getting better. It wasn’t like that last week.

My QB fuse/wings were ordered late May 21. Currently showing 'production' Aug-Dec 22. That's 15-19 months as an indicator. I'd say it'll be even later than those dates the way things are going.

(Empennage was ordered at the same time.. I'd say it'll be February (next month) so 8 months.

My Fuse QB slipped from July-Aug 2022 to Sept 2022-Jan 2023 I ordered in May 2021.

My QB wings were Aug-0ct 2022 are now Aug-Dec-2022, also ordered May 2021.

Kit status updated Jan 13, 2022.

Seems like delivery is continuing to slow.

We ordered our EMP kit in early August 2021, with an estimate of four months. Now a month and a half past that estimated delivery, and not on only do we not have a kit, we also have no new estimate and further no idea when we will have an estimate. It's depressing.

Yeah thanks for that link, but I click it daily. I don't have any date at all in my EMP kit order entry. The only date I see is for my QB Fuse which is Dec 2 2022 - Mar 16 2023.

You guys are doing better than me.

I ordered at SUN N FUN 2021 (April 13, 2021) 14 QB FUSE and QB Wing and Finish Kit.
Today it says Sep 20 2022 - Jan 2 2023 with no date on Finish kit.

We ordered our EMP kit in early August 2021, with an estimate of four months. Now a month and a half past that estimated delivery, and not on only do we not have a kit, we also have no new estimate and further no idea when we will have an estimate. It's depressing.

I ordered my 14A emp in May 2021. Lead times were listed at 4 months then as well. There have been multiple delays to the crating date, but it’s held steady for the last month or so at Jan 24 - Feb 7 2022.

I believe I heard that the crating department rotates through different models/kits and works on one (or a small number) at a time. If your emp order didn’t make it into this upcoming round they might not have scheduled the next 14 emp group yet?

Thanks, spacedoc, that doesn't bode well for my timeframes. Assuming that I can extrapolate the lateness, I'm looking at late spring or early summer...

Last edited:
I ordered my -14 this past May. I paid for the empennage in September which was the original shipping estimate timeframe, and it went to crating shortly after that. The empennage shipped yesterday.

Thanks all for posting.

Here is my info. . . .
Ordered everything Mid October, deposits made early November 2021.
(gotta include the year)
Order status page NOW shows . . .
Nothing for Emp or finish kits.
And Mar 24 2023 - Jun 26 2023 for QB wing and fuse.

Vans Status page got updated recently. Before I was late Dec 2022 to Feb 2023.
Glad I still have my RV-7 to fly in the mean time.
For others without, suggest getting another hobby in the mean time.
Then be surprised when you get something.

Hopefully Van's is able to stream line assembly but my RV-10 QB wings possible arrival date (assuming 30 days after crating to receive) is going to be close to 2 years after order date. The finishing kit thankfully arrived much sooner albeit missing motor mounts and landing gear which I could really use now. It appears the finishing kit (because of US labor needs) and wing kit (I'm assuming the corrosion problem was a bigger issues for the wings than the fuselage) will take the longest time. Plan accordingly.........

I ordered my -14 this past May. I paid for the empennage in September which was the original shipping estimate timeframe, and it went to crating shortly after that. The empennage shipped yesterday.

Phil, so just to be clear your crating date was in the late September/October timeframe and the kit just shipped?

Phil, so just to be clear your crating date was in the late September/October timeframe and the kit just shipped?

My original crate date for a fuselage kit was back in September (which was when I paid in full!), and my current status continues to show 'Delay-Parts'...

Last edited:
I ordered my Finish Kit early July 2021, and the quoted crate date (Back when I ordered) is actually today.

The status page just says "Parts Being Produced" with no crate date shown. I am going to wait a bit more given that I thought Vans said that they will be publishing accurate dates shortly especially for people who are close to their dates. It would be nice to have some other communication from them on my kit though.

These delays are ridiculous, I can’t wait 2 years for a kit - will have to look elsewhere I guess

These delays are ridiculous, I can’t wait 2 years for a kit - will have to look elsewhere I guess

We considered the same. However I think you will find that other kit manufacturers are in a similar (but probably less severe) situation. The readily available options are to buy a kit from someone selling it, or buy a built airplane.

There is second hand kits out there for sale on the rv-14’s. I know because I bought one. The problem is that some people that have these second hand kits are trying to make profit on them and making this market even worse.

I posted about this in a thread on the general forum, but including it here as well:

Ordered my 14A empennage kit in May 2021.
Estimated crating date has been 24 Jan - 7 Feb for the last couple of months.
Got notice from FedEx that crate shipped yesterday. I know it's shipped since the FedEx record has entries for picking it up at Vans and at checkpoints afterwards. No communication from Vans.
Estimated delivery date is "1 Feb by end of day" but I assume I will be getting a call from FedEx to coordinate delivery. If I don't hear from them by midday Monday I will call them.
Builder number 141020

Ordered emp/cone in June 2021
Kit is now assigned to Crating - no date listed on the status page
Builder 141040

EDIT: EST Crating date now updated - 2/7-2/19.

Last edited:
After lurking and dreaming for years, I pulled the trigger and ordered my RV-14A empennage kit on 1/6/22; estimated lead time was 8+ months. I see that the lead time is now estimated to be 9 months for empennage kits.

While I wish the lead time was shorter, it works for me. I'm splitting my time between my home in Fort Wayne, IN (which will be the aeroplane works), Littleton, CO (for my day job and ski season :D ) and Lake Tahoe (for my father-in-law) over the next few months so it gives me time to get my shop in order, take the 2 day EAA sheet metal class with my wife in Oshkosh this summer, and complete the practice kits!

I posted about this in a thread on the general forum, but including it here as well:

Ordered my 14A empennage kit in May 2021.
Estimated crating date has been 24 Jan - 7 Feb for the last couple of months.
Got notice from FedEx that crate shipped yesterday. I know it's shipped since the FedEx record has entries for picking it up at Vans and at checkpoints afterwards. No communication from Vans.
Estimated delivery date is "1 Feb by end of day" but I assume I will be getting a call from FedEx to coordinate delivery. If I don't hear from them by midday Monday I will call them.
Builder number 141020

Kit arrived today via FedEx freight. FedEx called me on Monday 1/31 to schedule the delivery and I requested today (2/3). I haven't unpacked it yet but the crate is in good shape with no obvious external damage. I received a packet of info from Van's in US mail on Monday with info on inventorying and reporting damage or missing items. No email contact from Vans.

Time to start building!

Picked up our RV14 Finishing Kit at ABF Freight in North Little Rock today. Thumbs up to ABF for doing a great job even though snow and ice delayed them a couple days in Kansas City. This kit was ordered 1/29/2021 and shipped from Vans almost exactly one year later 1/28/2022. The shipping crate didn’t have a blemish on it. Thank you ABF Freight and Van’s; Well done!

Ordered my -14 empennage kit May 17, 2021. Was told crating would be late November. Status changed to crating in late December. Email notification that the kit was in Will Call for pick-up January 28, 2022. When things kept pushing put, I ordered a wing kit on December 9, 2021. It is, what it is.

Wing kit (slow build)

I ordered (order #172460) the slow build wing kit on May 10th, with an estimated time of seven months. Initial estimated crate date was November 30th - I haven't heard anything from Vans, but the status of the wings are listed as "in production" on the portal.

Which is fine, because at the rate that I'm going, I'll still be working on the **** emp kit. I should have just ordered two of those, so I wouldn't be waiting on all the "spare" parts that I've had to order.

RV-14A QB Fuse

RV-14A
QB Fuse ordered January, 2021
Current status: in assembly
Expected crating date range: end of Jan to end of May, 2022

Kit Type: WING KIT
Serial #: 140805
Sales Order #: 176583
Date- Order Acknowledgement: 07-03-2021
Estimated Crating Date: 04-03-2022 plus 4-6 weeks to complete crating
Actual Crating Date:
Delivery Date:
Comments: So, shipping might be as late as middle of May, 2022. Haven't started the tailcone so figure I have time...

I ordered (order #172460) the slow build wing kit on May 10th, with an estimated time of seven months. Initial estimated crate date was November 30th - I haven't heard anything from Vans, but the status of the wings are listed as "in production" on the portal.

Which is fine, because at the rate that I'm going, I'll still be working on the **** emp kit. I should have just ordered two of those, so I wouldn't be waiting on all the "spare" parts that I've had to order.

Just received word that the wing kit is ready for crating, and requested final payment. Payment was sent - I imagine it'll be a few weeks yet before the wings actually get crated and shipped. No updates in the portal - it shows as parts still being produced, but apparently there is some movement.

My original crate date for a fuselage kit was back in September (which was when I paid in full!), and my current status continues to show 'Delay-Parts'...

I had an "Assigned to Crating, Feb 7- Feb 19" until today. Now that has shifted to Feb 21 - Mar 4.

They've still had 100% of my money since they requested it back in September...

order status

Ordered and paid Aug 25, 2021

They have never given an estimated delivery for the Emp Kit.

The QB delivery has been pushed out 3 times

Here's the current status:

"https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/0IGUSa8Z1-6R5vHQWU1UTVEwp4BoTADi2fBbv56UBuK3KFuT3HeSvBFrS1sJMD4aFTD0X-MkHUDYsO79n2bynnzQWY55vqoh5XNj643jSQGn8--aayUUZOeNpWZL3alIP1LGuuWAmP3i1BncLqmTI8PFGXxo9IaOXmkJJ93hAkOvXetWS8Tu1wx6FA1D9noTnBMyE0vjSEm9ABk87rxb4f8hjYgpxm_WrAPvhTx4CSWQdFBVfuq4BzOUaoEA4AwXANsS8WlKyr_8vbcVGQaqCqKDJnC_YAmH7b6E4CZ2IGcje90KcCt45JaSmaO6qbsNISqa-UctuhumsFjBS8_CyP4a6rB3bR5N2jkyH6dB3DkJtMLxqPj70JGvOahktE-vDVO3GEmvFcDWrIxQNe4tomQ9UOMPiOvE97qSWfaVdD0YuzED24mlZHTp7kkAjnwnIigByp2SAIUqY9wryAr1bg6DK-Dz8kA-KeIRHAXKdme4LBTfPZaJ5nqDuo5AIR2N6q5u8c0BU2v2pPbM8X0kx3EAl5I4gsAaFjD5iQznIh9OMlR0T3MuazmJRkRKGR66ESfFIny1V6wfOAg3XBUvM1-a1zNd2PSOH5l675IuDMwcSQYzRvnVMXLHwIlp_Tj45YuJXWfuIYrJ_PFZv-CPuhhrbIc17BarolJxt16_mip5DzXUwBUR5JAHmCK7gNOVHUQL1jhYAhETTiVsGbJbu508=w500-no"

E-mail: "Update on your RV-14 wing kit"

Notification type: E-mail: "Update on your RV-14 wing kit"; “Ready for crating”; WING kit paid in full.

Kit Type: WING KIT
Serial #: 141077
Order Date/Acknowledgement: 07-26-2021/08-04-2021

Kit status for all four kits show:
Estimated Crating Date: <Empty>
Actual Crating Date: <Empty>
Delivery Date: <Empty>

Comments: I ordered the EMP and WING kit at the same time. :eek: (Edit: Since ordering I have received zero notifications regarding the EMP KIT.)

Last edited:
2/17/22 + 1 for wing kit ordered in August and just notified kit is ready for crating, with request for final payment.

2/24/22 Status changed from "Parts being produced" to "Assigned to crating 03/21/22 - 04/01/22.

Last edited:
Today marks official passing of my tailcone estimated crating date window. maybe next week *shrug*

Builder - #140892
184074 RV-14A FINISH KIT EXP119 Parts Being Produced
182007 RV-14AQ FUSE KIT Parts Being Produced Sep 28 2022 - Jan 10 2023 Global container shortages have caused delays in shipments to and from QuickBuild assembly centers
182006 RV-14/14AQ WING KIT Parts Being Produced Sep 28 2022 - Jan 10 2023 Global container shortages have caused delays in shipments to and from QuickBuild assembly centers

RV 14A QB Wings

Builder#140865
QB wings ordered 10/09/20. Original crate date of 06/07/21.
Due to QB issues, I was told the end of 2021 for a revised crate date, then early 2022.

Kit order tracking website showed on January 13th 2022 under status "parts being assembled"

Forward to present day and the kit tracking website shows "Parts in transit to assembly facility". Estimated crate date of May 25th to September 6th 2022

Posted for reference.

Best,
Jim

Back