What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Central Florida advice!

DAP

Interested in making the move to Florida

My mission keeps me in the Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Fort Myers square!

Pretty big area and would love some secret sauce on places to live. Near or on the airport. Great home builder/flying group so I feel at home with the giant move.

I’ve been on the ground and at the airports of several. Two general views I’ve noticed. Zero life! And even less friendly. YES I understand our hobby n sport is dying but I have hope!

Price is always mentioned so I’ll take a chance. Nice home on a well established Airpark. 500-700ish
Complete grass runway with infrastructure, 1-1.5 mil.

Hence the blind message here for a possible lead.

If you still care, been on the ground from Lake Okeechobee
West along 80 to the coast.
Up the center of the state, 27 to winter haven.
Tampa south along 75.
Have walked or visited pretty much every airport or runway I could find on these trips, but nothing has tickled my fancy yet.

Thanks VAF!

If you're not afraid of being just north of Tampa you can check out Pilot County (X05) and Hidden Lake (FA40),https://www.hiddenlakeairport.com/ , both are airpark communities that seem somewhat active. I don't have any further information but somebody else may. Another few options just outside your square would be Spruce Creek, which is huge, and very active, and Leeward Air Ranch, which has a real strong homebuilding / vintage community.

Chris

Last edited:
Maybe a little North of your square but Spruce Creek (7FL6) is the most active flying community I have seen. We are talking hundreds.

you have three options just west of stuart. aero acres, treasure coast, and naked lady. there are some nice options north of the orlando tampa line though.
IMG-1211.jpg

Back