What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Printing the RV-12 POH

Mitch757

Well Known Member
I've downloaded the new Revision 10 POH but Staples says that they can't print it in the size/hole format that fits the Vans folder.

Vans only sells the complete POH with binder for $30. Anyone know who might print this to fit the Vans binder?

Mitch

N2ET flying

I keep the original POH Van's sent me in a binder in the airplane. I just keep revisions on my tablet and don't bother printing them.

Try to find a print shop, perhaps a Sir Speedy or a local printer in your area. They should have a paper cutter that can cut the book to the correct size and a paper drill to put the holes in.

OUCH! I just got a quote from Staples for $103 to print revision 10! Not gonna happen.

Any other ideas on a reasonably priced update?

You might consider having them print it black and white instead of color. I'm sure that the price will drop considerably. Then you can probably swap the color pages out of your old POH, or you could have those few pages reprinted in color. It's worth a try.........Tom

;)
I've downloaded the new Revision 10 POH but Staples says that they can't print it in the size/hole format that fits the Vans folder.

Vans only sells the complete POH with binder for $30. Anyone know who might print this to fit the Vans binder?

Mitch

N2ET flying

DaveH

I download all the Van's updated documents into ForeFlight. In fact all the manuals (radio, maintenance, Dynon etc...) are on my iPad. When I'm at the hanger or flying I have a complete library of every manual I could possibly need to consult.

Darn! I have to print up a new POH for my airplane and was going to make a Staples run....but at $30-$103 :eek:

I used to work at Xerox and had a top of the line color copier in my office...not a tiny desk unit either!

I made myself a bound,color, double sided, booklet size POH, laminated/10mil! I think the cost was something like 15 years :D

Guys! Don't you have printers and scissors at home! As I recall I printed mine and cut them to size. I have an adjustable hole punch

B6 Blank Pages, 6 hole punched

I know this thread is old, but I figured I'll add what I know in case someone needs the info later on.

Amazon sells B6, 6 hole punched pages that are the same as the stuff used in the RV-12 POH. Here's the link:

https://a.co/cmLyJir (I know, the link looks weird but it works!)

In case the link ever goes dead, here's the mfr info:

Handy Forms (www.handyforms.com)
B6 Blank Pages, 50 sheets
PN: HB6104-B
https://handyforms.com/products/a6-blank-pages

I downloaded the Rev 17 RV-12 POH and simply set my printer paper size to 5x7 double sided and voila! You'll need to order at least 53 sheets as of this writing, so ordering two will get you a bunch extra (which I was glad for because I screwed up the double sided orientation on the first go and wasted about 4 sheets before I could stop it.)

Cheers!

Back