What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need a few LP4-3 (in Europe)

Diego9

I'm New Here
Dear all,
I am busy assembling my RV9 rudder and I need some LP4-3 blind rivets. I couldn't find any source in Europe and would just need about 10 ...
Does anybody has some spares I could buy?
I am located in the Netherlands.
Cheers
Diego

how quick?

Ciao Diego, how quickly do you need them? I'm sure I have some in the hangar but will need to confirm later today or tomorrow.

Hi Diego,
I will call you tomorrow and I will send you what you need,
(So, Mickey... Easier for me to help Diego out)
Cheers, Joop

:cool: Joop

Just back from my builder’s workshop aka garage, and found that I have about 15 of them LP4-3 as leftover. 30 years of dust on them, but still usable, so pm me if I still need to chime in.

Thanks all for the support.
As Joop said I think it is easier for him as he is close by.
Again, Joop, Mikey and Dan, thanks for the availability!
Diego

pleasure :)

Despite persistent IFR conditions over here, had already envisioned some bombing delivery performed during a "local" flight respecting all social distancing rules and regulations... :D

On your way back from that bomb run (a Swiss aircraft bombing something, that must be a first), be sure to drop by at Hilversum then Dan. Flying RV-6, RV-4 and restoration project RV-3 going on here.

Finally, we are getting some traction to counter our local Falco-brigade. We've got 6 of these wooden things here. Luckily, even with their showy tapered wing and retractable gear, our little RVs are blowing the doors off them :D

Falco

Finally, we are getting some traction to counter our local Falco-brigade. We've got 6 of these wooden things here. Luckily, even with their showy tapered wing and retractable gear, our little RVs are blowing the doors off them :D
NGL, the falco is a good-looking aircraft!

thanks Hans, I'll sure do that, hopefully soon :)

Funnily enough, I've had 2 Falcos before, flew the last one, HB-UOD, for some 7 years before coming back to aluminum...

I found the Falco having about the same performance top speed wise, but with a higher stall and approach speed. This resulted in my "minimum" no obstacles runway length on the Falco being 400m vs 200m for the -6.
The retracts were finicky, alway happy to have the greens after having moved that switch down :eek: This in turn prevented operating off grass, but for the best surfaced greens.
Control harmony was (gotta be real careful what I write here :D) slightly better than the Van's I know of, better harmony and a slightly heavier pitch.
But the Falco stall can be interesting... not to be done at low level, very easy to get a secondary stall.

Final thoughts, Falco vs RV-6 (having now flown both for approx 650hrs):
- the Falco wins easily on looks being the most sexy single engine aircraft on the planet, period (just look at those wings)
- the Falco has a slight edge in handling, but loose that advantage in stall characteristics
- on performance the RV wins, by a wide margin. Not for top speed (same HP the RV is slightly faster), but on speed ratio
- the RV wins on simplicity
- and the Vans win on building time by a wide margin... count about 9K hours on a Falco with the kits (not available anymore AFAIN)

Back