What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake disc (rotor) help

RicoB

Well Known Member
Patron
I will be replacing my Cleveland brakes on my RV9a. I got grove parts, used from another project, I went thru replaced all the O rings but it didn’t have the discs. I need both. The one I currently have is not 1/4” (.25). I am not finding the rotors that I need. Does anyone know the part number? For rappco or any other brand? Thanks

Maybe this will help

This is what is on my RV7A
Cleveland wheel 5.00-5 PN: 40-78B
Brake disk PN: 164-17
Min. thickness 0.167” / 4.242 mm
Rapco brake disk: RA164-01700

At the moment I have the same as you.
But the grove brake takes a thicker .25 disc and that’s the part number or brand recommendation I am digging for.

Thanks for posting Rico. I’m running Cleveland brakes and wheels on my RV-8, but have a new set of Grove brake calipers I’d like to use. So when you find the right Grove disk that fits the Cleveland wheel let me know.

Carl

I am sure someone here will help us out. We are not the only ones with grove brakes.

I am still in search of knowledge if someone has a grove brake system on a Parker/Cleveland wheel.
Grove doesn’t make any rotos to go on that wheel. Rappco also claims that they don’t either.
Just hoping someone has done that.

Back