What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I got to fly the Jabiru 3300 RV-12

Weasel

Well Known Member
Over the past 2 years my Uncle has been working on building a RV-12. This is the first airplane he has built and on top of the excellent craftsmanship he did on it, he modified it to accomodate a Jabiru 6 cyl 3300 engine.

I helped hand screwdrivers to them several times when I was in town so that I could claim to have helped build it:D

I have to say that thing runs super smooth!! It took me a little to get used to the 2750-2900RPM cruise.

This was the first time I was up in a -12 and although it was noticably slower that any of the other models I have flown it still was a very nice flying machine.

The panel was filled with more than adiquate instrumentation. Sorry about the panel picture. :mad:

IMG_20130221_170606.jpg

IMG_20130221_170800.jpg

IMG_20130221_170829.jpg

IMG_20130221_171148.jpg

IMG_20130221_171208.jpg

Last edited:
Nice write-up and photos. I knew those mountains weren't Mississippi, so a little detective work revealed the airport is in Virginia.

Yeh, I get up there several times a year and it is a nice place to visit but to crowded for my liking.

Here is another one I got of it several months ago before the wheel fairings were installed.

2012-12-28_16-11-54_285.jpg

Last edited:
Weight & Balance

Weasel; Nice photos of a beautiful part of the country. Do you have any
numbers on the final configuration of the -12 with the Jabiru? W&B, empty weight, climb rate or prop selection?
Jerry

Weasel; Nice photos of a beautiful part of the country. Do you have any
numbers on the final configuration of the -12 with the Jabiru? W&B, empty weight, climb rate or prop selection?
Jerry

NO I dont. You can talk to Orenjr here on VAF. He is the owner.

Don,

Yes it would be an EAB within the definition of an LSA, but without a manufacturer's option for the Jabiru you would lose the resale value of ELSA since EAB would tie the next owner to an A&P for annuals.

Rich

Back