What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Solo! (Another Eagle leaves the nest)

videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
Ross Porter (RPorter on here) just called me to let me know he had soloed. I'm sorry I wasn't there, but couldn't be more proud. Ross was the Student Project Manager on the very first ENP, and in from day one. That is three from the Eagle's Nest One build (the first was about a year ago and not in EN-1, the second Jan 4 on the pilot's 16th birthday, we believe a FIRST for a builder.) We will have at least four more from that build, maybe a couple more. That will be over half of those involved with the build. With over 100 kids introduced to aircraft building, we expect many more after that.

The RV-12 is a great trainer. It does everything you ask of it, and has no bad habits. Eagle's Nest is well into phase two (flight training) and fulfilling my belief that kids ARE still interested in aviation, and can be brought in to fill our thinning ranks. Many thanks to our mentors and other volunteers, especially Ron Huddleston, volunteer CFI. I want to thank those here who have helped make this possible, and remind the rest that we do have a place for you.

Let Ross know how you feel about this!

Bob

Ross Porter with CFI Ron Huddelston

Way to go, Ross!!!!!

Ross%25202.JPG

Back