What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Will this work?

blueflyer

Well Known Member
Look in the upper left corner of the diagram (where the arrow is pointing). I have put an ANL 60 after the master relay and then tie in the 6 awg wire to the 4awg wire. Will this work as drawn? Any thoughts or comments?

wiringdiagram_zps62abc35d.jpg

Since you have an ANL60 on the output of your alternator, if you want to also have an ANL60 from the output of your battery, it would go along in line with that segment you scribbled out.

Placing your ANL60 inline to the starter will fail since the starter takes high current.

yep, your're both correrct of course. I didn't think that through enough before posting.....

The above comments about starter current are correct, but you can take care of that pretty easy.

What is the goal here, it looks like you are trying to protect the main buss??

I was looking at putting my battery in the back and wanting to protect that big 4 awg wire that will always be hot. I just didnt think through what I was doing before I posted.

I did some research and I have decided that i will run it without fuse protection, making sure it is properly routed and kept away from any chance of a short.

From searching on this site, I believe the 10 has this hot wire running through the cockpit without any fuse protection also.

You are correct that the 10 has no protection for the main power wire from the batt to the firewall mounted starter relay.

It does however have the main contactor mounted by the battery, so the wire is only hot when the master is "on".

Back