What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV becomes MEMA ONE (for a few hours)

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
MemaOne.jpg

Searchable Key Words:
Mema One Doug Reeves Audrey Madrigal ForeFlight Nomex SVFR Waco

Out of curiosity... Why use that formatting as opposed to conventional included photos?

[ed. Allows wrapping around images and I can utilize all the tools in Word, like columns and tables. And it's less work for me. :^) dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing...

For a number of years now I've enjoyed watching your children grow from adolescence to outstanding young adults. Kudos to your parenting skills, and double kudos go out to your kids for making good choices. Thanks again for sharing your children's life experiences and accomplishments with your VAF family! Life is good... and for those fortunate enough to own and fly an RV (or any aircraft), it's great!

Personal regards,

Last edited:
For a number of years now I've enjoyed watching your children grow from young adolescents to outstanding young adults. Kudos to your parenting skills, and double kudos go out to your kids for making good choices. Thanks again for sharing your children's life experiences and accomplishments with your VAF family!

What he said.

Great story

DR, What a great story..... and a new way to present it. I think I will try that for the next trip write up. Saves lots of space on servers all over the world:D

ps. For the Macintosh crowd, a screen capture is COMMAND-SHIFT-4. Then drag what you want to copy. Places a small, png picture like file on your desktop for insertion into the VAF page.

Contrarian Geek Alert!

DR, What a great story..... and a new way to present it. I think I will try that for the next trip write up. Saves lots of space on servers all over the world:D

I've gotta chime in here! "Text as graphics" will inevitably take up more space than simple text with embedded graphics; it's just the way the math works. A regular character takes 1 byte, while the character's image representation will take much, much, much more room. But if whoever is paying the bandwidth bill has no objections (and VAF doesn't host post images), then by all means, it's a great way to get nice looking layout that won't be destroyed by any browser. You can also use any font you want, coloring, background images... you name it, the entire post is an image. 'Webmonkey' is one of my professional hats, and we do this all the time when presentation is paramount... but please don't think you're saving space/bandwidth!

Also, the forum's search engine (or Google) can't index the text (since there is no text, just an image)... so the extra inclusion of some search terms in the posts' text body, as DR did, is considerate.

Aside from all of that... super writeup DR!

-jon

PS -- the explanation of 'text within an image' contained _within_ the text that is an image... there's a level of recursion there that I think most programmers will appreciate! :)

Last edited:
Back