What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N410BL Build Update

rleffler

Well Known Member
Picked up the fuselage from the painter this morning, then watched OSU beat Michigan. What a great way to spend a Saturday! :D Wings should be ready in two weeks.

FP24112012A0000O.jpg

FP24112012A0000N.jpg

FP24112012A0000V.jpg

FP24112012A0000U.jpg

FP24112012A0000P.jpg

That looks great! That last 90% will go quickly.

That was the original plan. Unfortunately, I found out this past week I tore my achilles' tendon. I'm hoping to get as much as the final assembly done before my surgery in a couple weeks. First flight will have to wait until next year.

As for the OSH MI game, no comment! :mad:

You mean that OSH beat Michigan too? :D

bob

Congratulations Bob. Moving it to the airport is a big milestone and the paint scheme looks fabulous! Mine's in the paint booth now,,,,,,here at home and doing it myself, so there's no way its going to look as nice as yours. :eek:

That was the original plan. Unfortunately, I found out this past week I tore my achilles' tendon. I'm hoping to get as much as the final assembly done before my surgery in a couple weeks. First flight will have to wait until next year.

You mean that OSH beat Michigan too? :D

bob

OSU on the brain, OSH on the keyboard.

I think it is ok, two of my brothers who went to UoM married girls from OSU. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Good luck with your surgery, I hope you have a quick and painless recovery!

Nice job with the paint!

Looks great Bob. I've been following your progress and I think you've got a pretty nice looking bird there. Get well.

Great job Bob! You have really made a lot of progress since I saw it last April. hope your surgery goes well and we see you airborne early next year.:D

That is looking great! Sorry to hear you will have to delay the maiden voyage...maybe the clean-up list will get a little shorter?

==dave==

Yeah!

Way to go Bob! I know you've been working hard, looks like you're getting close. Hope you recover quickly, keep us posted on final assembly.

We installed the wings for the last time. I had plenty of help, which was a good thing because of my foot and back, I wasn't of much help.

FP09022013A0002N.jpg

From left ro right, Dana Saucier, (me), Zac Holcomb, Dan Hempy, George Mellon, Joe Strausbaugh, Brent Owens, and Geoff Combs. Jeff Hazlett took the photo.

FP09022013A0002Q.jpg

FP09022013A0002R.jpg

Last edited:
Looks Great

It is always good when you know you don't have to lift those wings one more time. They are heavier than you think and it is always amazing to me how they are held on with 8 bolts that are 8" apart.

Looks great.

Sweet ride

Congrats Bob. You and your family have really logged a lot of time getting ready for paint. Looking forward to seeing the first engine start. Won't be long now.

Last edited:
Well done, I am in exactly the same stage! Lots of fidly little bits to sort out now and lots of testing to look forward to

Dave

Back