What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cedar Key with Diana

bsacks05

Well Known Member
2ewpa3k.jpg

DIANA AT 12

Daughter Diana and I spent half the day together flying down to Cedar Key, Fl. for a seafood lunch. She will soon be 18 and off to GSU in Atlanta where she has been admitted as an honor student. Our Cedar Key trip turned out to be an excellent opportunity for some father/daughter quality time. Something that may become harder to do as her life becomes more busy and she moves away for college. :(

We checked out Tony’s Seafood on 2nd street, famous for their award winning clam chowder and shared a platter of clams, scallops, crab, fish, and oysters, and of course, the chowder. This chowda is so good that they mail order it all around the country and we took a frozen quart of it home to share with the familia. Lunch was followed by a stroll along the fishing pier, an ice cream, and coffee. I hope we will have many more flights together, the time together and memories are priceless.
Diana has flown with me many times and can probably hold a heading and altitude better than some pilots. She was 12 when my -9 took its first flight.

33pfsoy.jpg

DIANA AT 17

Last edited:
Cedar Key

I thought you might be headed there when I saw your track on APRS. Your daughter has really grown since I saw her last!

Good photo's Bruce. Made me realize that Mary and I are about due for a Cedar Key trip!

Beautiful daughter...and an honor student too! Wow! Part of my envies you and part of me DOES NOT! Do you have a gun rack in the rear window of your pick-up? Seems like you might need it! :D

No pics of Cedar Key?

By my calculations....

Atlanta looks to be about 100 miles from Warner Robbins, GA. What a great excuse to spend some quality time with your daughter even after she leaves for college. Go pick her up and bring her home for some of Momma's home cooking!

My wife went to college about 15 minutes from her hometown. Some of the best memories she has are driving home every Sunday afternoon for her Mom's Pot Roast!

Bruce,

My wife and some other good friends went to state. She'll like it, and it'll be exactly the opposite of Perry, which will help her see the world from a new angle, which is always good. Congrats, and go panthers!

Chuck

Fly By

Fly Bys are always welcome. Enjoy them while you can, they grow up too fast. Stop by anytime you are down this way.
Gerry, VAF 172
Repeat builder

Hey Gerry, I don't have your number anymore. Can you send it via PM? I would enjoy coming down for a grouper sandwich! Are you flying your RV12?

Back