What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Vids.........

OT: The Killers

Is it just me, or did the guitarist of The Killers (second video sound track) borrowed some of his tricks from the good old Flock of Seaguls?
Must be my old ears :D

Nice videos anyway, and good music choice

I think they say that all the notes have been used up - there aren't any more !

Once I've cut the video, I trawl my iTunes library for a tune the same length that I like - it's not scientific.

I need 4:19 next to use Florence and the Machine's instrumental version of Dog Days are Over.

Problem is, in 1080hd, the 6 minute video takes 3 hours to rip through iTunes and 2 hours to upload to YouTube - and that is on a fast broadband connection.

There are out takes of both videos, however I am not at liberty to publish them as my liberty may be threatened......... :eek::D

That Falco is beautiful Mike. Love the choice of the old-school colour scheme.

Great Videos ... But Cloud Distance?

Those are great videos. I've often dreamed of winding alongside or between clouds like some shots in your videos. But I worry about getting too close to the clouds to violate the FAR VFR restrictions.

How do you make sure you're ok? (I know the distance in these videos must be okay or DR wouldn't have allowed them.)

UK rules - Below 3,000' - For fixed wing aircraft operating at 140kt or less: 1500 m flight visibility; Clear of cloud and in sight of the surface.

So - I guess I interpret the rules reasonably well...:cool:

Anyhow, it wasn't a cloud, it was industrial exhaust from the power station :rolleyes:

All shot on a Hero Go Pro - the air to air of the Falco is in r5 which is 1080p and 127? field of view. The same for the evening one. The work/fun one was in r2 which is 720p and 170? field of view.

Still experimenting really.

Hot Air Balloon

Nice vid?o Mike but...

Did you notice the Hot Air Balloon at 3.39 when you went by it ??;)

Only in the UK can you find grass strip like that...Everytime I'm imbound to Heathrow I'm like a kid looking thru the window of a candy store and dreaming of having such beautiful strips at home..

i hope you enjoyed that clear and calm day to the max, there aren't too many of those

Cheers

Bruno

Indeed - as Mark says, the evening shots were at Sherburn - EGCJ.

The work take off was Manchester, then Sherburn and the other grass strip at landing was Fishburn, near Darlington.

RV-4, I spotted that as I spotted the steam train - didn't know which one to go after first.............:D

I never normally bother balloons as I feel it would spoil the tranquillity of solitude ! However, it was such a nice evening, I felt it would be OK.

Back