What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Check out New Sportsman 2 interior

Darin Watson

Well Known Member
Friend
Folks,
Just wanted to show the results of my interior upgrade. Sold my previous seats on VAF to Bruce Swayze. Luke at Aero Classic talked me into the Sportsman 2 side panels as being more functional with more pockets, etc. a couple guys on the field have the Aviator sides, and that is what I had intended to go with originally. After now seeing side by side I thank Luke for a solid recommendation as the side are functional, look good and you gain about 1.5" each side...so a little roomier. Thanks Luke!!

c907f8de.jpg

cebbe3cb.jpg

Mind if I ask what it cost for that? Seats plus side panels?

I'd still have to find out if they would fit a -6 cockpit but those look nice!

very nice

Darin,
That interior looks very nice - I love the contrast color and the side panels add to it. The shot of the plane is great too. Nice project - flying must be a dream come true. I would love a few more photos of the interior so I can dream away!

I really like the looks, of the other type of molded sides, but that 1.5" difference is the reason why I'll never have them. For me, the flatter side panel, as in your pic.........is a much better solution. I've always needed all the knee room I can get.

Back