What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel pump nuts loose

Jcurry

Well Known Member
Just a heads up, I am doing my CI and was putting a wrench on everything on the engine to check tightness. Found the fuel pump mounting nuts loose. Visually, they looked secure but the top was a 1/2 turn loose and the bottom was 1 turn loose. Retorqued and applied torque stripe.
Also, I found the lower bracket (attaches to the top of the generator) that supports the ignition modules/coils broken. The bottom coil was chafing into the engine mount. Luckily it only chafed through the paint.

Last edited:
To add to the list of bolts coming loose the head bolts on the #1 cylinder loosened and a small oil trail was the indication. I consulted with a Rotax engine rebuilder who advised these head bolts need to be checked and he gave me a torque value. Once I re-torqued the #1 cylinder I had no more leaking. I checked the other cylinder heads and the torque was good, and also no leaks.

I used some torque seal ( witness mark) on the visible head bolts and two years later all good and no leaking.

Back