What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Trutrak User Group

Brantel

Well Known Member
One of the things that bugs me is that Trutrak does not seem to have a user forum. So I started one http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trutrak/

I am not a big fan of yahoogroups and the way they work but maybe if we get some traffic on there, Trutrak will take notice and open up their own.

If you would like to see some dedicated place to talk about the Trutrak products and your experience with them, spread the word on any other forums that you visit daily.

Why not just use this forum? No doubt there are more TruTrak users subscribed to VAF forums than any other, and by a wide margin.

Why not just use this forum? No doubt there are more TruTrak users subscribed to VAF forums than any other, and by a wide margin.

Good thought but there are tons of people interested, using or that have used the TruTrak products that will never have anything in common with an RV other than the fact that it is an experimental aircraft. Plus, it would be nice to get some participation from the factory and I would say that they are less likely to do that on a forum like this vs one that is dedicated to their product.

Getting factory input on a forum might be tough. Not because they don't care, but simply because they are the busiest bunch of folks I have ever seen. They are constantly looking at new products and refining existing ones. I do machine work for TruTrak and sometimes I can't even get a human to talk to. It would be like getting Craig at CAtto Props to participate in a forum.

45 new members yesterday. Now if we can get some discussion going, it would be great.

As far as factory input, we see the busy EFIS makers participating all the time here and on other forums so hopefully TT will take notice and participate. It is cheap value add for them and their product. If they don't, oh well, we gave it our best shot.:)

We now have a Trutrak staff member on the membership of the new group and he has already started answering questions.

Thanks Trutrak for listening and adding value to your product line!

Lucas is top notch all the way, very knowledgeable, and very fluent in autopilot.

If you have a TruTrac question he can answer it.

Last edited:
TruTrac Digitrak Problem

I have been flying for 240 hours behind my Digitrak single axis autopilot. I have it connected to a Garmin 430 (pin 56 per the install manual).

Today after several months of down time which also included installing a new battary, I flew and when I turned the Digitrak on in either mode ( holding a selected grond track heading or in NAV mode with a direct-to destination ) the autopilot wants to turn right. It flew a complete circle and a bit more before I turned it off. It did a time or two last year but quit it and I had not thought on it again until now. I am puzzled.

Has anyone had this problem and / or know what to do fix it?

Possible Problem

Have you turned on your autopilot on the ground and waited to taxi till it stopped blinking? That is one of the possibilities by the symptoms you are describing.
It is very important to wait till the Autopilot stops powering up before moving. This takes approximately 7 to 8 seconds.

Are you getting the numerical trak displayed on the Digitrak during flight? Just want to make sure the autopilot is talking to the GPS

Alex

Have you turned on your autopilot on the ground and waited to taxi till it stopped blinking? That is one of the possibilities by the symptoms you are describing.
It is very important to wait till the Autopilot stops powering up before moving. This takes approximately 7 to 8 seconds.

Are you getting the numerical trak displayed on the Digitrak during flight? Just want to make sure the autopilot is talking to the GPS

Alex

This is an important point. The gyro inside the Digitrak goes through it's calibration procedure during the power up sequence. If you are moving during that time, you will need to perform a gyro set while stationary to re-calibrate the gryo. With the autopilot power on but disengaged, press and hold both arrow buttons for about 10 seconds. Let me know if this doesn't fix your issue. Thanks!

Back