What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Search function dysfunction?

scsmith

Well Known Member
The new platform for the forums does not seem to have as smart a search engine. Here is an example. Today there is a thread titled FM-150 install to IO-360 Help.

The terms FM-150 and IO-360-M1B are used in the body of the first post.

If I do a search with FM-150 IO-360 in the search field, it finds nothing.

If I search for FM-150, it finds nothing.

Also tried some other variations.

Not only do the words 'install' and 'help' appear in the title, they both appear in the text of the first post. Yet although the search function does find lots of threads if you search on 'install help', it does not find this particular thread.

hmmmmm.

Last edited:
I've often found that just typing vaf followed by the search string into Google works pretty well

Search has been bumped in the head and is wobbly until the upgrade to 5.6.2. Basically we have a new back end and it isn't happy with the older forum software.

We'll get it fixed I promise. Hang tough and best,dr

Search has been bumped in the head and is wobbly until the upgrade to 5.6.2. Basically we have a new back end and it isn't happy with the older forum software.

We'll get it fixed I promise. Hang tough and best,dr

OK, thanks. I am happy to be patient now that I understand the issue.

The improvements are worth the growing pains, THANK YOU DOUG.

Another tip is to use Google to search the site, limiting its results to only VAF with the special "site:" command, for example:

canopy frame trouble site:vansairforce.com

Another tip is to use Google to search the site, limiting its results to only VAF with the special "site:" command, for example:

canopy frame trouble site:vansairforce.com

Didn't work the last time I tried it. Just took me to the home page, not the thread in which the content was found. Didn't matter if I was logged in or not.

Finn

Didn't work the last time I tried it. Just took me to the home page, not the thread in which the content was found. Didn't matter if I was logged in or not.

Finn

Look for the down triangle next to the search result and select 'cached'

Back