What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Difference between Bendix and Slick RPM sensors?

00Dan

Well Known Member
I’m looking at a used JPI and it comes with the ring terminals for a pressurized slick mag. Problem is, I have non pressurized bendix mags.

What is the difference between the JPI sensors for the two brands? If they’re all Hall sensors, any reason they shouldn’t work across brands (especially the ring sensors since vent plug thread isn’t a consideration)?

The sensors for the G3X systems are different for the Bendix and Slick, but I think it is the vent plug threads that are different, and maybe the physical dimension for the correct proximity to the rotating magnet in the magneto. Dynon used to use the P-leads to pick off the RPM and if JPI is doing that you can use them for either.

Last edited:
The sensors for the G3X systems are different for the Bendix and Slick, but I think it is the vent plug threads that are different, and maybe the physical dimension for the correct proximity to the rotating magnet in the magneto. Dynon used to use the P-leads to pick off the RPM and if JPI is doing that you can use them for either.

The JPI sensors are normally vent plugs, or some sort of ring for pressurized mags that can be bolted on outside and aligned with the magnet as I understand the install manual. They are not P-lead sensors.

If physical dimensions are the difference as you think and not something to do with the operating principle I suppose I can give them a shot.

Back