What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Breakfast Restaurants close to Macon?

Barnstormers Grill @ G2

Peach State Airport west of Griffin,GA
Best restaurant in the county!

In fact, this has a wonderful museum and home sites, as well as biplane rides, gas and rebuilding services. Need a tail wheel checkout? They have a flying club. Downside? Rather short undulating grass runway. Be careful!

See http://www.airnav.com/airport/GA2

Sounds good, but I think we will be too early around 8:00 am. Also I'm hauling the family in a Pa-32/260 so 2400 grass would be marginal for me...
Thanks for the reply!

Thank you for the replies, if we get a late start we will defenitely hit the Lanes Orchard. The FBO lady at KPXE was very nice and we will probably stop there for a longer takeoff runway with full bellies! If we are actually on time we will just hit whatever is open...
Thanks again
Andy

Middle Georgia

Well, I retired out of Warner Robins...My favorites were (yeah, I know, no class...:D) Waffle House and Huddle House. Go figure...

I keep my -9 at pxe because we didn't build at the airpark yet but own a runway lot. Landing at pxe and using the courtesy car is a good idea, and yes, Patsy is great! Call if you need anything. 478-213-2555.

Thanks Bruce!
Waffle House actually has my vote, they know breakfast! I may make a call in order so we're not late for our tour of Jack Daniels Distillery on the way home!

Thanks Bruce!
Waffle House actually has my vote, they know breakfast! I may make a call in order so we're not late for our tour of Jack Daniels Distillery on the way home!

Can't swing a (insert politically incorrect state of health here) cat around that area without hitting either a Waffle House or a Huddle House. In Warner Robins, on Russell Rd., right next to the Publix, there's one of each across the street from each other. I used to stop in several times a week after I got off duty.

Not breakfast....

But Robins AFB has a great museum! Have you ever heard of the book God is my Copilot? Robert Lee Scott (the author) lived here and there is a great tribute to him at the museum. We have several Waffle Houses and at least one Huddle House ;) I forgot to mention entrance is free!

Some good information can be found here: http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/nge/Article.jsp?id=h-2691

Last edited:
Museum

It is a great museum. I used to pass it there at the gate every day. Plus, it's a great place for a dining out. Tables in among the aircraft give you a great sense of what you're doing in uniform in the first place.

Thanks everyone! We ended up shooting the ILS into PXE about 9 a.m. (running late) and just grabbed some fast food. Airport and people were great!! Extra thanks to the A&P who helped me diagnose the faulty wire on my oil temp probe.
Thanks,
Andy

Back