What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Possible pin thread idea?

Fenderbean

Well Known Member
I wanted to see if people would be interested in a possible sticky with a one source document that can help folks like me that come along and spend mass amounts of time looking for things for their current or future RV-10s.
I have found a few things that have some of the recommended and must have mods for the RV-10 but they are all very out dated and none of them give you all the options and the pros/cons of each.
I think this would benefit the community to give folks something to go on and to help budget/plan.
Maybe even save a lot of questions down the road, it would be a living thread that would be updated as prices/info/products change of course.
Before I spend the time and effort, is it a good idea and do you think is could get pinned to the top? I try to use the search function but I have to be honest the search function, like most seem not to be helpful.
I have always done this type of thing for my R/C build threads and found the amount of information it produces makes it worth the effort and time.
So what do you guys think?

Keith, there is nothing wrong with your idea---other models of RV have similar stickies. And/or "Gottcha" stickies.

The problem would be getting the new thread populated with the old tips. It can be done, but is very time consuming.

Yeah, I understand the time to get the initial but thats okay I don't have a kit to build yet. The first part I wanted to do is vendors/ products for the "Must do" or recommended since you can follow the vans 100% and get and 100% flying plane. Then a section with recommended mods/product links for all and finally a section for all the other mods/pimp my ride mods/products. This will be an easy way to help gets some expected cost to build based on the level/number of things you do.
I have a long list myself but could not possible afford it all up front so my plan is to build something and add certain items during the that will allow me to upgrade/add down the road with major modification. For instance, im not a 100% on addign an a/c system but I will most likely mod the cowl to support the compressor regardless and add the fittings on the firewall.

That sounds like a great idea. I'm just starting on a -10. Gathering tools at this point and have ordered the control surface practice kit. If you need help I'm willing to pitch in.

Back