What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avionics Dealer PIREP Wanted

Auburntsts

Well Known Member
Looking for recent purchase experiences from Stark Avionics. Did a search and most of the posts were pretty dated. Not looking for recommendations for other vendors as I’m pretty familiar with the other heavy hitters.

In my dealings, John Stark was always an honest stand-up guy. Even though that was a decade ago, I would be very surprised if that has changed.

Have bought lots of stuff from him lately. I am patient with him, he runs two avionics shops and works 12 hour days. 100% recommend him.

Big thumbs down!

I had a very poor experience - in terms of how long it took to get the job done, the quality as well as personal interaction.

Would'nt recommend them to anyone.

I have since worked with other vendors - the difference in experience is quite stark (no pun intended).

Last edited:
Stark

Purchased a Garmin GPS175 from Stark last year. He also built the harness for me. I suspect he might be the lowest cost for many avionics.

No problems with the transaction, materials, or workmanship.

He will not take credit cards.

I purchased avionics and a wiring harness and schematic from him in 2017. He answered many questions promptly via email and delivery was as promised. Price was good.

I’ve bought two full avionics suites from him as well as schematics...I will use him again!

Back